Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 HEY BISON! Your ass is six months overdue, and I'm the repo man!

July 22, 2007, 04:43:56 am
Read 21905 times

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

Hello members of Iron Edge from Noxiouz the level 70 tauren warrior! I'm sure most of you know me, but for those unfamiliar with my being I'll write some information about my character and myself.

I'm fairly sure that most of you people in Iron Edge remember me from my earlier days when I raided with you throughout Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Zul'Gurrub, AQ40 and Naxxramas. Now I'm hopefully back for some more action with the people I like the most on all of Dunemaul  :)

Personal Information.
In real life (??) I'm known as Alexander. I'm 18 years old and live in Bergen, Norway on a street called Fæsteråsen, which can be seen here!

Character Information.
I'll start of by listing my gear as it currently is;
[wowitem]Tankatronic Goggles[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Necklace of the Juggernaut[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Destroyer Shoulderguards[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Devilshark Cape[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Panzar'Thar Breastplate[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Rich Purple Silk Shirt[/wowitem] <Made by Delling>
[wowitem]Tabard of the Argent Dawn[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Bracers of the Green Fortress[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Shield of Impenetrable Darkness[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Gyro-balanced Khorium Destroyer[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Styleen's Impeding Scarab[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Violet Signet of the Great Protector[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Battlescar Boots[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Warbringer Legguards[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable[/wowitem]
[wowitem]Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden[/wowitem]
(I've used the wowitem codes that Delling described, hope they work).
The items are all enchanted and socketed with stats that I believe is best for PVE, such as parry, stamina and defense.

The items linked above, is the current set I'm using for non-resistance based encounters. For fights like Hydross the Unstable, I have about 360 Frost resistance, about 200 Nature resistance. Note that theese resistance sets are separated, but if you want me to get a hybrid resistance gear set I can get up to around 190 of each at the same time. I also have some oldschool fire resistance gear <Made by Smorisha> that brings me up to about 300.

Attunements:
I'm currently attuned to all of the instances in World of wacraft, except for The Black Temple and Mount Hyjal.

Raiding:
Currently I can attend raids every day , but there might be the occasional day where I have something important to attend, just like everyone else I imagine  ;) If I should not be able to attend a raid, I'll be a 100% sure to notify Mr. Smorisha or Delling about it, in good time ahead.
In the far run, I'd expect my attendance to hover somewhere around 90%. I'll be sure to always bring the required potions for raids.

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history
I started playing my very first online game back around 1999. I started playing a game called "Xenimus" with some friends.It's a very simple game, based on leveling, gear and pvping. Fun for a short period of time :)

After playing Xenimus for a while, I took a break from computer games until World of Warcraft came along in February of 2005. It's actually a funny story how I got my WoW account. My older brother ordered two WoW accounts instead of one by a mistake, and decided to sell me one of them for a small sum of mola. I started off as a human paladin on some random server, but I  quickly discovered that this class wasn't quite what I expected it to be. So, I decided to start playing with some real life friends on Dunemaul, which I'm still occasionally playing with. I rolled a Warrior! Fearsome, brutal and fearless. I quickly discovered that this was the class that I wanted to stick too!

After casually leveling up to 60, I started chatting with a former warrior member of <Iron Edge> known as Lockhart. He told me that that IE was in search of a tank. The very day I turned level 60, Lex invited me for a Molten Core raid. I had never before heard the word "Addons" or "40 man raid" for that matter. To this very day, I still think that that's one of the most exciting things to ever happen to me in World of Warcraft. Inside Molten Core, I was blown away. I had never been able to imagine that a MMORPG could be this revolving around team playing and communication, based on my previous experience with them after having a shot at Shazzrah. Even though it took us a few tries, we managed to kill him. 25 man, IE-style. I was proud to be part of such an achievement. (We all had green gear and shit, OK?)

After attending a series of raids with Iron Edge, Lex told me to leave my current guild, <Hells Fury>. The very next day I got invited to join the ranks of Iron Edge. It was a day of celebration and success!

I stayed in Iron Edge for a long time, till we had gotten far into the corridors of Blackwing Lair, but however we got stuck trying to kill Ebonroc. Foolish as I was at that time, I decided to leave Iron Edge and to join Cold Blooded. I still think that this is the stupidest move I've ever made in the history of World of Warcraft.

After spending some time in Cold Blooded, I quickly found out that progress isn't nearly as important as friendship and communication to me. I found out that I had really made things rough for myself, so I decided to take a long break from wow, for about 5 months or so.

I came back, and started leveling up a shaman as I had deleted my warrior. (as well as sharded my gear... shard-value 1500g my ass.) I made a post on the old IE forums which I believe that Delling printed out, about that I really regret the decision I had made earlier about leaving Iron Edge for Cold Blooded. After a few days, I got accepted into the guild. One hell of a happy day for me  :)

As the days went by, Smorisha asked me if I could make a GM ticket and ask them to restore my warrior. And so, they did! But here comes the fun part. In order to get my sharded gear back, I'd have to pay some random GM a sum of 1500g (Pre-The burning crusade, mind you) in order to get back all my old stuff. Unenchanted, naturally. After a two weeks of intensive Ni-hao farming, I got my gear back, and got back to raiding with Iron Edge. We cruised through Blackwing Lair, without a worry in the world. Good times :)

A few weeks later, Naxxramas came out. We were all thrilled to try it out! It was purely awesome. After some good tries at Anub'Rekhan and some spanking of the slow learners, we killed him. We continued to progress through Naxxramas. After killing a variety of bosses like Noth the Plaguebringer and Grand Widow Faerlina, we finally met the boss himself. Da big cheese, mister Patchwerk. At that time, a discussion started on www.dunemaul.org/forums.
"You can't down Patchwerk without having A40 DPS gear, you will fail horribly".
We prooved them wrong, and killed Patchwerk first on the server, IE-style! I remember the joy on Teamspeak that very moment we killed him. I would estimate that the decibel was around 140, somewhat on line with a jet plane.  it was the best moment I've ever experienced in Wow, and guild spirit was higher then ever!

A few weeks later, The Burning Crusade got released. I got my copy fasy, but was very busy with real life things at the time, so I couldn't level a lot. I kinda fell behind, and that is where a period of casualness started. At around level 64, I lost interest in the game. I had better stuff going on, so I decided to leave world of warcraft. I left IE in a reasonable way I believe, and stayed away from the online crack for a while. But as we all know, no one ever really quits.

I came back later, still level 64. I joined Iron Edge as a friend, as I had no intension of raiding at that time. I slowly level up towards 68. Then, the game with all its power grabbed me again. I was instantly hook'd and started playing more. I leveled to 70, having a good time.

A few weeks later, I was bored at school so I started watching a Nihilum video of some SSC bosses and TK bosses. I really loved the content, and it made me think of the golden days where we raided Blackwing Lair and Naxxramas. I wanted to raid again.

However, there was no spot in Iron Edge for me, seeing as my gear was very bad, and that Velas was already in line waiting for a spot. I talked to Cobratix, the warrior class leader at the time being, and he said that there was a very little chance that I'd get a raiding slot any time soon. So I packed my bags, said goodbye as respectfully as I could, and joined <Fallen> where I had been offered a raider slot.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

I stayed in Fallen until today. When I look at how my history has been in World of Warcraft, IE is really my home. No matter what. A strong core of people I've known from day one remains, which I consider some of my closest in-game friends. This is the guild I want to be in, you are the guys that makes the game really worth playing. The game itself is good, but it sure as hell wouldn't be the same without Iron Edge. I think anyone with the same experience as me can strongly agree. I guess its true, what they say. You never really know what you have, until you've lost it.(two times mkay)

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
-Random Ventrilo spam.
-Tanking stuff on things.
-A helpfull cow.
-I can also start of a TF spam in /2.

Sponsors within the guild?
Delling, Daekesh, Lobsteer, Smorisha. And some others, I would imagine  :)

Last words?
"I'm trying to log in, but there's CUM all over my screen!

Shot at 2007-07-22
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:13:56 am by Noxiouz »

July 22, 2007, 05:00:57 am
Reply #1

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

Re: HEY BISON! Your ass is six months overdue, and I'm the repo man!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 05:00:57 am »
WTB Cow.  Awesome player, awesome guy.  GIIIIIIEV
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

July 22, 2007, 05:21:21 am
Reply #2

Offline Gidra

• Guild Member

• Do not disturb.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 05:21:21 am »
Nice to see you decided to come back to your roots.

GL with application! :)

July 22, 2007, 09:20:03 am
Reply #3

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:20:03 am »
Great wall of text, nearly brought a tear to my eye. Will chat more ingame!
Regards, Smorisha!

July 22, 2007, 01:07:53 pm
Reply #4

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 01:07:53 pm »
man i cant believe i actualy read all of that GIVE BACK NOX NOAWWWW
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

July 22, 2007, 01:29:48 pm
Reply #5

Offline Peikko

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 01:29:48 pm »
Hai Nox, great app!

I don't like the whole leaving/applying/leaving/applying  thingee myself too much tho...

BUT you're a funny guy and also a great tank, so welcome back I guess!  8)

July 22, 2007, 01:46:37 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 01:46:37 pm »
Big Cow belong hier.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

July 22, 2007, 01:55:16 pm
Reply #7

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 01:55:16 pm »
I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION OMFG!! GIVE NOXIOUZ BAAAAAAAACK!!!

(going to read application now)

Lobsteer -

July 22, 2007, 02:48:26 pm
Reply #8

legintown

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 02:48:26 pm »
I was actually about to ask if you didn't wanna come back to IE yesterday when we were in Naxx :-D You have my full support, gief shieldwall show omfg!

July 22, 2007, 02:54:45 pm
Reply #9

Offline Shannaro

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 02:54:45 pm »
NOXXIII <3 GIEF COW BACK MKEY
WINDFURY KEKE? :)
Give back the drunken cow who screams windfury!

GL mate!

-Shantheman
DELLING SAID I COULDN'T HAVE MORE GIFS!
I AM RAMBO!! \o/
BICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS!

July 22, 2007, 03:41:43 pm
Reply #10

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:43 pm »
I am a retard, and write in Norwegian, even when I know English is required.

Please, don't punish me too severely.

Oh come on, that's Harsh.
Ok as I said before Delling went all [Powerabuse Stick] on me.
Nox is all fun, but I've lost track in how many times hes left the guild. ^^
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 11:17:42 pm by Archz »

July 22, 2007, 09:35:34 pm
Reply #11

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 09:35:34 pm »
I like you Nox, and you're a skilled warrior too. You've also brought your gear up to scratch.

But forgive me for being pretty dubious regarding how long before you change your mind again, when it's been something like this:

IEwarrior -> CBwarrior -> quit game -> roll shaman and shard warrior -> IEwarrior -> TBC to 64 -> quit game again -> come back and levelled to 70.

That's 7 chops and changes, I'm not counting the move to Fallen and back as it was a fair enough move to make, as as you correctly said at the time you were unlikely to get a raid or a spot in kara, and if raiding is what you play for, well, it makes a lot of sense.

So there you go. The majority of the guild may be a bunch of soppy wusses who hate me for this kind of attitude, but those are my reservations. I really like that you're a skilled warrior who's friendly and dedicated, but what if we get stuck at a boss for ages and ages, would you leave or re-roll when you got bored?

Not that you need to judging by the reactions to your application, but I'm hoping you can convince me that my fears will prove to be without reason :)

July 23, 2007, 12:42:49 am
Reply #12

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 12:42:49 am »
Thanks for the kind words, Kawe. And everyone else for that matter!

I'm fairly aware that my history on Dunemaul is sketchy, but what I'm looking for now is to be in a social friendly environment and raid at the same time, and if that doesn't do it, nothing will. My interest for the game is higher then ever, and if I'm lucky enough to get a trial, ill prove your fears reasonless Kawe  :)

I also believe the part where I quit the game due to important things In real life a fair move? I vaguely remember you going AFK for a few months for the same reason. Correct me if I'm wrong tho!

July 23, 2007, 10:12:49 am
Reply #13

Offline Noble

• Former Member

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 10:12:49 am »
I like you Nox, and you're a skilled warrior too. You've also brought your gear up to scratch.

But forgive me for being pretty dubious regarding how long before you change your mind again, when it's been something like this:

IEwarrior -> CBwarrior -> quit game -> roll shaman and shard warrior -> IEwarrior -> TBC to 64 -> quit game again -> come back and levelled to 70.

That's 7 chops and changes, I'm not counting the move to Fallen and back as it was a fair enough move to make, as as you correctly said at the time you were unlikely to get a raid or a spot in kara, and if raiding is what you play for, well, it makes a lot of sense.

So there you go. The majority of the guild may be a bunch of soppy wusses who hate me for this kind of attitude, but those are my reservations. I really like that you're a skilled warrior who's friendly and dedicated, but what if we get stuck at a boss for ages and ages, would you leave or re-roll when you got bored?

Not that you need to judging by the reactions to your application, but I'm hoping you can convince me that my fears will prove to be without reason :)

I guess someone had to say it. (I actually backed off from saying something similar :P)

And like others i wish you all the best with the application and if you show up on /g  again plz stick around this time ye ? :)
-Nob

"In nomine Patris, et Fili, e Spiritus Sanctus"

July 23, 2007, 11:11:18 am
Reply #14

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 11:11:18 am »
There are only a few true 100% IE-ers left(untainted as in; nonquit, no other guild/realms ETC)

<-- o/

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:20:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

40 Guests, 0 Users