Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 The old Corinthian is back o.0

July 23, 2007, 07:27:37 pm
Read 7383 times

Offline Warhoof

• Former Member

The old Corinthian is back o.0
« on: July 23, 2007, 07:27:37 pm »
Introduction
I hereby announce that I am back on the server, with my old account. I transferred Corinthian to my brother's account (still on Dunemaul) and decided to become the most l33t tanking machine you have ever seen.

History
I joined Iron Edge, back in the days, with Corinthian after a fun UBRS run with Delling. These were the days that Iron Edge began to make progress and with a lot of hard work we killed Ragnaros and even started BWL. My goal always was to top the damage meters and I was always competing to out damage Vix and Roxis. Unfortunatly, raiding was getting the best of me, mainly during a traineeship. I had no more time to raid and decided (with a lot of drama) to quit Iron Edge and the game.

I was somewhat afraid to go back to Dunemaul (not sure whether I could stand the addiction) and made a rogue character on a different server, however challenges were few at level 70. Our guild didn't make good progress and I was always outdpsing the other members (even those better geared) by a great deal. So... level 70 and no challenges left... great. Therefore I decided to come back.

Ambition
I am going to be humble now and will become arrogant later. I am levelling my Tauren Warrior, named Warhoof, from 61 to 70 (currently 5 levels in 7 days). I am not yet great at tanking, have crappy gear and a lot to learn. However, I am eager to learn that what has to be learned and I want to join the guild, with the prospect of raiding in the future. I aim to be level 70 before next maintenance day.

Expectations
You might remember my old application to Iron Edge, which was full of cocksucking according to Auran, but great in my opinion. What can you expect of me? I still am a great player, who has fun in gaming seriously. That doesn't mean there is no room for fun, I just find it more fun if I play at my best. Some information for those who don't know me (yet): I am 23, Dutch and a student.

Conclusion

Let me (re)join the family and be rewarded

Edit
The reason for posting this now is that I saw a post on Dunemaul.org about Iron Edge needing warriors, so I consider this a good timing. I was going to post at 70 first, but why shouldn't I speed things up a bit?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 07:31:06 pm by Warhoof »
Tanking debate: stamina versus avoidance
Stamina --> You're a tank not some freakin balett dancer.

by Daimix

July 23, 2007, 07:50:35 pm
Reply #1

Offline Noble

• Former Member

Re: The old Corinthian is back o.0
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:50:35 pm »
HAILOL!

Nice seeing you again Cori, been a loong time since last :P

Missing alot of info tho' in your application but ill let Smor comment on that :)

GL on the app. mate and welcome back to DM ;)
-Nob

"In nomine Patris, et Fili, e Spiritus Sanctus"

July 23, 2007, 08:00:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:00:27 pm »
yay gib corinthian back lol
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

July 24, 2007, 05:01:19 pm
Reply #3

Auran

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:01:19 pm »
Where did that Night Elf rogue on Bladefist go? Oh you sold it... again.

Anyway,

I agree that this app is too... incomplete, but if we take a look at your (our) application at the time we first applied for IE it's already 3 times better.

Probably you will be admitted anyway, but I will vote for you, only because people like Delling will assume I will protest against your application for fun. I won't. I know you are a good and dedicated player and you will do fine as a warrior and a toilet cleaner (being my former housemate). I hope you are /welcomed back at IE.

No, who am I foolin'  :o

KEEP THIS CORINTHIAN WANNABE out of the guild kk???
 :P

July 24, 2007, 05:11:05 pm
Reply #4

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 05:11:05 pm »
I'm not quite sure why you think he will re-invited.

He didn't keep in touch at all after he left the first time...

Rolled characters everywhere other than in IE...

Not exactly great 'ex-IE' material.

Anyway, it's Smor's call as he's warrior CL. But I think you'll need to suck a little more man dick to get in, Cori :)
Now I run a tech website.

July 24, 2007, 05:19:40 pm
Reply #5

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 05:19:40 pm »
When you quit, which you will judging by past experience, will you go emo again if we revoke your forum rank again, which we will?

If so, hope to see you in guild(mainly because we need more dutch powah to counter the serbian infestation)

:)

July 24, 2007, 05:33:03 pm
Reply #6

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »
decent application, just one question? You saw us needing warriors but you are still not 70 and your gear sucks the man dick?

Anyway, Since I dont know you I wont start commenting on your leaving in the past.

I will however wish you the best of luck with your application.

Lobsteer-

July 24, 2007, 05:35:31 pm
Reply #7

Auran

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 05:35:31 pm »
(mainly because we need more dutch powah to counter the serbian infestation)

:)

Well...for that, I will vote in favor.

July 24, 2007, 07:04:08 pm
Reply #8

Offline Warhoof

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 07:04:08 pm »
Okay, I'll explain myself a bit more, using quotes from various people.

KEEP THIS CORINTHIAN WANNABE out of the guild kk???
A: Thanks for the help Auran, I will remember it if you need the CORINTHIAN WANNABE. That and I am going to take a piss in your beer this weekend  ::)

Where did that Night Elf rogue on Bladefist go? Oh you sold it... again.
A: I did not sell my Night elf rogue. I traded it away against a mage on Bladefist.

He didn't keep in touch at all after he left the first time...
A: I tried to keep in touch, and have browsed the forums quite long after I stopped playing the game. However, I became angry when my permission to browse the forums was removed and then stopped posting/browsing.

Rolled characters everywhere other than in IE...
A: The only other server I played on is Bladefist. That server, mainly because my brother was playing there.

Not exactly great 'ex-IE' material.
A: Based upon the things you mentioned above? I have worked my ass off for Iron Edge, I remember me providing fire pots and elixir of the mongoose for the entire raid at ragnaros. Also trying everything I could to improve my Fire Resistance, which was the higest amongst the cloth users. Donating epics to guildmembers (for free).

When you quit, which you will judging by past experience, will you go emo again if we revoke your forum rank again, which we will?
A: I don't apply because I like to quit again... but eventually most members will quit and therefore I can't say anything about how long I will stay. But... I still feel that it wasn't the right thing to do to revoke my forum rank, I might go berserk about the same situation again.

decent application, just one question? You saw us needing warriors but you are still not 70 and your gear sucks the man dick?
If I go for a goal (ingame), I am going for it fast. I will be level 70 within a week and will have gear decent enough for at least Kara and Heroics in two weeks.

Anyway, it's Smor's call as he's warrior CL.
Aye, let's wait for that, anyway I hope to be accepted.

by Daimix

July 24, 2007, 07:19:10 pm
Reply #9

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:19:10 pm »
God the dutch are feisty..
More cocksucking, Cor. MOER

July 25, 2007, 11:55:32 am
Reply #10

Auran

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 11:55:32 am »
A: Thanks for the help Auran,

Ghehe, would you have expected any other reaction from me?

Wartuff aka the old Corinthian is IE material. He proved this enough in the past. Any decisions after his own rightful choice to take a break afterwards from IE/Dunemaul should not influence the decision to take him in again now imo; but as you said that's up to smor. (But somehow I think Dell is joking a bit, since he did not stop asking for cori to come back the moment I reapplied...)

Wartuff if you piss in my beer, there is no beer AT ALL for you this weekend!

Aur.
ps. He tanked Durnholde yesterday with me (elemental) healing and we did not even wipe once :D so he has tanking potentials.

July 25, 2007, 01:51:01 pm
Reply #11

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 01:51:01 pm »
I am really sorry to tell this but it nearly made me laugh. U are writing application for raider rank on 60-something character... Our little panzer brigade is full since Nox joined our ranks and I have 3 really good tanks interested in joining aswell, I just don't see u getting spot over them due to gear difference and 2 years of skill in PVE (tankingwise). I suggest u make F&F Application if u want to be part of this nuthouse again but raiding is a no go!

Regards, Smorisha.

July 25, 2007, 03:16:42 pm
Reply #12

Offline Warhoof

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 03:16:42 pm »
I wrote this application to be a future raider, not to start raiding right away. Even though I'd like to be back in the guild, I also like to raid (again, in the future).

I am not going to apply for F&F. Even though it pains me, I guess I will have to try to find another guild.

BB.

by Daimix

July 25, 2007, 03:29:52 pm
Reply #13

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 03:29:52 pm »
Mmm... pride... Can ya taste it?

I told you... you have to suck more dick, and then you'll be in like a shot!
Now I run a tech website.

July 25, 2007, 03:40:56 pm
Reply #14

Auran

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 03:40:56 pm »
Mmm... pride... Can ya taste it?

Skill > nostalgia > pride > gear

:(

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:18:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

41 Guests, 0 Users