Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Witchblade

January 15, 2008, 06:34:58 pm
Read 4137 times

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

Witchblade
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:34:58 pm »

Watched this series a few days ago. Wikipedia do such superb summaries, so I'm using theirs again.
Quote from: Wikipedia
In this new approach to the Witchblade universe, the lead character (and blade wielder) is Masane Amaha, a kind-hearted woman who, despite her good intentions, is fairly clumsy and not good around the house. She lost her memory during a catastrophical unknown event that ravaged Tokyo and, curiously, Masane was found unscathed in the phenomenon's ground zero, holding a baby in her arms. Six years later, she returns to Tokyo with the child, now called Rihoko, and for whom she cares as a daughter, where she discovers that the mysterious jewel attached to her right wrist is actually the legendary artifact known as the Witchblade. Since then Masane got herself involved in the struggle for power between a huge corporation and a government agency, while trying to live her life peacefully with her daughter.

If I'm honest, it's mainly a story about parenthood, especially the mother-daughter relationship between the main character Masane Amaha and her daughter Rihoko, under the guise of an action anime with huge chested women. Action and huge chests are present, sure enough, but the fight scenes make up a very small portion of the runtime.

It's a rather good series, though a little bit sad.

I'm not sure if this is the exact torrent I pulled the series from, but it seems to have the same files, which by the way are .mkv files. Using VLC to play them is the quickest easiest option, though there is an mkv (matroska) codec you can download to play .mkv files in other players.

It's 24 episodes start to finish, ~4.1GB size, Japanese audio with english subtitles.
http://isohunt.com/download/30428724/witchblade

EDIT* A little bit of trivia. I was surprised to read the voice actress for Masane is also the vocalist in the first end credits. Quite a stark contrast from loud raging mentalist to soft lullaby singing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:18:03 pm by kawe »

January 15, 2008, 11:37:31 pm
Reply #1

Offline Grishnag

Re: Witchblade
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 11:37:31 pm »
ooh nice was looking for this anime couldnt find it after the first ep though :(
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

January 16, 2008, 12:05:52 am
Reply #2

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

Re: Witchblade
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:05:52 am »
I watched this a few weeks ago, it's not really a must-see but definitely fun to watch.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:13:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

53 Guests, 1 User
Rexa