Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 The Mist (2007)

January 18, 2008, 10:31:20 am
Read 3373 times

Offline Warhoof

• Former Member

The Mist (2007)
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:31:20 am »
A freak storm unleashes a species of blood-thirsty creatures on a small town, where a small band of citizens hole-up in a supermarket and fight for their lives.

I saw 'The Mist' at the movie theatre and I still don't know what to make of it. It has the feel and the looks of a B-movie, but it's inhumanly cool. If you liked George Romero's 'Night of the Living Dead', you're going to like this movie. The visuals aren't great, the acting is mediocre, the humour is bad at times, but still I found myself shocked for more then half of the movie.

During the movie the audience reacted a lot, which at least says that the movie grabbed them. The audience booed, cheered, applauded and cursed... something quite uncommon in the Netherlands. I think, and statistics from IMDB support me, boys will like this movie better then girls (on average). I rate the movie as 8,5/10

Some comments which I support:
Let me take a breath... Never have I had such a visceral physical reaction to a film... ever. Not even with Elem Klimov's Come and See. In the last fifteen minutes I was nearly physically paralyzed, and then started shaking, realizing how numb my body was... and I am dead serious.
The plot is absurd, the dialog is tight, acting is terrific (Mrs. Carmody!), creatures are horrifying, and the surprise ending is just plain diabolical.
Tanking debate: stamina versus avoidance
Stamina --> You're a tank not some freakin balett dancer.

by Daimix

January 18, 2008, 02:11:17 pm
Reply #1

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

Re: The Mist (2007)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 02:11:17 pm »
Hmm, this may be relevant to my interests. Might have to try and dig out out somewhere...

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:56:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users