Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 The Walking Dead

November 10, 2010, 11:58:17 am
Reply #30

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 11:58:17 am »
Btw, what's up with "look, zombies trying to break thru the shopping mall glass doors. Let's stand in front of them and have several nice long chats"?

November 10, 2010, 12:15:09 pm
Reply #31

Kilizion

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »
Yeah I figured they could have at least used the rails to slow the zombies a bit, even though they didn't need it. It was nice to see them hack up the zombie and cover themselves in shit, and then the rain fell and it was like 'oh shit, run'. And the distraction car was a cool idea too. Anyway what I really wanted to see was him use that grenade!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:38:17 pm by Kilizion »

November 10, 2010, 12:17:52 pm
Reply #32

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 12:17:52 pm »
He's clearly holding on to the grenade for slutwife.

November 10, 2010, 01:37:51 pm
Reply #33

Kilizion

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 01:37:51 pm »
Definitely. :)

November 10, 2010, 02:49:18 pm
Reply #34

Offline treachery

• Former Member

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 02:49:18 pm »
I like post apocalyptic stuff!

It all started pretty good; creepy atmosphere and the shooting of a little zombie kid in the head, without blinking.

However, later into the first episode and especially in the second episode its mainly about killing/running from zombies. This could be fun. But this show does not want to be fun. It's a serious show with serious messages: "there are no niggers anymore, only them and us, we need to collaborate to survive". Lines like this are delivered with serious care faces.

The same care faces also cover themselves with zombie intestines to smell like the walking dead. This scene is pretty bizarre and could actually have worked with some Bad Taste/Brain Dead humour. But this is a serious show and when serious looking people walk around with chopped off body parts around their neck to smell like zombies, I just can't take it anymore.

No episode three for me.

November 10, 2010, 05:24:02 pm
Reply #35

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 05:24:02 pm »

It all started pretty good; creepy atmosphere and the shooting of a little zombie kid in the head, without blinking.

However, later into the first episode and especially in the second episode its mainly about killing/running from zombies. This could be fun. But this show does not want to be fun. It's a serious show with serious messages: "there are no niggers anymore, only them and us, we need to collaborate to survive". Lines like this are delivered with serious care faces.

The same care faces also cover themselves with zombie intestines to smell like the walking dead. This scene is pretty bizarre and could actually have worked with some Bad Taste/Brain Dead humour. But this is a serious show and when serious looking people walk around with chopped off body parts around their neck to smell like zombies, I just can't take it anymore.

No episode three for me.

from what i heard the comic the show is based on is quite 'gory', a feauture some missed in the first episode. It's possible that episode 1 was more to get the masses into the show, after which they try to stick to the comic, rather than the other way around (that the show 'got out of setting' after episode 1)

tho the phase shift went a bit fast for me aswell going from episode 1 to episode 2

I'm still gonna 100% finish this show tho, i got plenty of spare time anyway, and i'm interested in how the story is going to unfold.
Ya little light niggas couldn't feed my shadows

November 10, 2010, 05:46:02 pm
Reply #36

Inphy

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 05:46:02 pm »
It's better then most zombie movies anyway. Or post-apocalyptic stuff.

I'll just watch, it's fun to see zombies. And people running /killing zombies. And this show probably wouldn't last for more than 2 seasons anyway.

November 10, 2010, 06:30:28 pm
Reply #37

Kilizion

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:28 pm »

No episode three for me.

Tbh, I think you're taking it too seriously. It's a post apocalyptic zombie tv series. Yeah they had some redneck dude being racist and the cop said that line, he would have said it wether there were zombies or not it's his job he's a cop and that guy was a douche bag, racist or not. I think the idea of that scene was for everyone to stick together and work as a team not some anti-racism message. The black guy even went back to save the redneck, the point is differences aside they could have used him. He was strong and a good shooter and they needed to work as a team to survive. Which is why they went to the effort of getting vehicles to group up with the people at the camp.

This leads me to your second point, you've seen people be killed and killed people, you're telling me if you could put some zombie guts on some free clothes to get a vehicle to escape you wouldn't do it? It was an original idea and nothing i'd seen before and I don't think it was meant to be jokey or serious. Point is they are going to any means to group up with other survivors. The whole point is survival.

Every Zombie type show and film I've seen (and trust me I've seen a fucking lot) there are always scenes were there is dispute within the group for the sake of emphasising team work. And were people go to extreme lengths to survive because the whole point is survival. If you don't like this shit then don't start watching in the first place, it's the whole fucking point of this sub genre.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:50:34 am by Kilizion »

November 11, 2010, 10:38:36 am
Reply #38

Offline treachery

• Former Member

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 10:38:36 am »
The "if you don't like it, don't watch it" argument is pretty bad in a forum, you know. People use forums to discuss different topics. If you don't like people having different opinions than yourself then maybe you should stop visiting forums.

On the other hand though, I will stop watching it. I did give the show a chance because I generally like post apocalyptic stuff.

Running/killing zombies can be good enough. For a 90 minute movie. But for hours and hours and hours? No thanks.

I'm not the one taking this show seriously though, Kilizion. YOU are. I don't take it seriously and I don't find it entertaining.

I agree that it's about survival and it should be. But I don't buy the whole "lets put down our differences and collaborate for survival during these extreme circumstances". That's not how humans work. I like better when people eat eachother for survival. That is true survival horror/scifi. The part when they wrap feet around their neck was just silly to me. The whole scene was laughable. If you thought it was a great survival feat then...well...fine!

November 11, 2010, 01:42:08 pm
Reply #39

Kilizion

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 01:42:08 pm »
My point was I just think it was clear (from watching previous things of this nature) this kind of thing would be in this kind of show, especially early on. I guess we both had different expectations from the first 2 episodes. But I just disagree that the show is trying to convey serious messages, just similar messages to those in the same sub genre.

I agree that it's entertaining to see people go to extremes to survive. This might very well come later on in the series and not something you'd see in episode 2. Again, similarly to other things of this nature, when things start to get more desperate, the other side of human nature might come out.

I think initially people will stick together in the show, and later as things do get worse it'll be more 'dog eat dog'. I feel that for a series that'll span a few season (at least 2) episode 2 is just a bit early for that kind of thing. But there's no doubt in my mind that kind of thing come later on. But if you expect stuff like that from the start then I guess the show is not for you. I'm going to be patient with it and see how it develops. It's more fun to see relationships develop and it's more dramatic when they end in a horrific way, for me this adds to the horror.

About the techniques they used, I just said it was nice to see something different, it wasn't amazing or omg the best thing I've seen ever by a long shot. Also I don't have a problem with your opinion at all it's a fair one, I just wouldn't expect people to be eating each other to survive from episode 2 of a series that might span multiple seasons. But it's definitely something I'd bet on appearing later on.

November 11, 2010, 04:17:21 pm
Reply #40

Offline treachery

• Former Member

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 04:17:21 pm »
no, the show is not for me. it might get more intresting later on but im not patient enough.

shows like this are like a really really really long movie. imagine "28 days later" being 30 hours...

i should stick to movies. but thats another topic!

November 11, 2010, 04:22:07 pm
Reply #41

Kilizion

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 04:22:07 pm »
Ah that's fair enough, I kind of like the idea of a long zombie survival TV series. Did you watch Dead Set? Only 5 episodes long but really cool, might be more up your street.

November 15, 2010, 07:37:42 pm
Reply #42

Offline Cinn

• Former Member

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2010, 07:37:42 pm »
Episode 3 now online, just finished watching

i must say, i take back my concerns of the story not developing

in fact, i didnt expect this much development in one episode.

[LOL EDITTED IT MIRLOL STYLE EXCEPT I ONLY ADDED SPOILER TAGS]

[spoiler]I rly think the acting and the social triangle between shane rick lori is close to awkward, and i'm rly curious as to how this is going to develop further. I'm not sure if Lori is being fair to Shane. Yes, he did hookup with her, but he had every reason to belief Rick is dead, and so far in every way it seems he lost his own family. I think atm Lori is more struggling with herself than anything else. Yet it was good to see that it seems that she, eventho everything that happened still loves and prioritizes Rick.

who then ran off to rescue the idiot. I guess in some ways i can get why he's doing it, i just think it takes away some of the 'i must survive to be reunited with my family' objective, well, I thought that was going to be one of the main goals of the show.[/spoiler]

Hence why this episode was great, I rly dont have a clue as to how the show will develop even further.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:03:20 am by Cinn »
Ya little light niggas couldn't feed my shadows

November 15, 2010, 08:07:07 pm
Reply #43

Offline Devlin

• Guild Member

• Not a hobo

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2010, 08:07:07 pm »
we really should try to implement that "spoiler" function they have over at teamliquid.net. so annoying to have to close my eyes and scroll down :(

November 15, 2010, 08:08:28 pm
Reply #44

Offline Rucious

• Former Member

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2010, 08:08:28 pm »
Agree Devlin.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:14:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 0 Users