Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia IV - Lord of the Rings -

March 05, 2012, 02:57:47 pm
Reply #105

Offline Palmar

Re: Mafia IV - Lord of the Rings -
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »
this is a 12 man game. Scum with lynch immunity would be complete overkill.
Trolls are awesome!

March 05, 2012, 03:08:26 pm
Reply #106

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 03:08:26 pm »
Well I don't know, somethings up with TTaM, and I'm not sure potentially wasting our first lynch would be worth it until we somehow know more.
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

March 05, 2012, 03:09:10 pm
Reply #107

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »
As I have stated in my last few posts, I think Kesh is Red, however I also think him stating he is red, therefore getting himself lynched day one, is somehow beneficial to the Reds, either because he is immune to the lynch, forced to by role, or that it is somehow beneficial to the reds. Because of this, I wouldn't vote for him day one, as even if I am wrong, I know he is red day two. I think if we manage to get a non-known red day one, and know about Kesh as a red, it is a much better result than having a lynch go on a un-lynch-able Kesh, and not having a chance of getting a Red lynch day one.

Obviously I could be totally wrong, and not lynch a lynch-able kesh, and the lynch going on a green on the first day, which would be the worst case result of my thinking.

Regarding your Post Palmar, about Lynching Kesh because it would take all the doubt out of weather he was red or not, even if it doesn't actually get a Red kill (due to immunity), and because he has declared Red. This does make sense, however, I think that that Kesh declaring Red is too brazen a move, and my instincts are telling me that something isn't right about this, and I would rather hunt for less obvious, quieter Red, while having data on Kesh to judge him or not.

Voted for Grishnag, as he hasn't posted, and is a good a target as any. If he posts some thoughts and data, I will likely change it to someone else.

March 05, 2012, 05:19:29 pm
Reply #108

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 05:19:29 pm »
There is alot of good stuff among the points you raise on the palmar and the kesh topics Hugman.

To start of with the Kesh, there is alot of plausible scenarios that can be thinked into. I myself think that this weird behaviour is could be something similiar to what was actually in our WW3-Mafia, where France had to launch an early nuke. A role that had only one objective, to get some balls rolling early n the game.

I wouldnt be much surprised to see Kesh as a townie with this sole role than to get the ball rolling, and i definetly have a role in mind that could fulfill such task, if you look at it LotR lore-wise. So even though it might be very tempting to kill Kesh, i would believe that we would only find him to turn up green duo to some forced role action, atleast i find it plausible.

Not rejecting that any of the other scenarios you bring up, are worse assumptions, i just find it to be an extremely weird behaviour right of the go.. (also keeping in mind that kesh has done "special tactics" in previous games and might be meta-gaming something here, however it might seem like a really long-shot)

As for the RNG voting Palmar broight up, i personally isnt a huge fan of it. However it might bring out some misplay from one of the Reds. But how to choose who to "RNG" is kinda where my chain jumps off, since in my book rng would mean to throw a 12sided dice and see who dies.. Which would be ignoring the entire day 1 posting and negating the info gotten from day one to maybe get a good lynch.

The thing about the motive Palmar might have for throwing out such ball, that you talk about hugman. I cant see how it would be smart from a red play to bring up rng voting to be honest, since it causes some focus on you. So i actually would believe that palmar isnt likely to be red, but actually more likely to be green. This i say because i think palmar is a great player, and he aswell knows the value of a townie talking to drag out Reds. Which is what i think he has been trying to do maybe.

I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

March 05, 2012, 05:24:54 pm
Reply #109

Offline Eetion

• Former Member

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 05:24:54 pm »
Quick note, my post here was done 10 hours ago but fell a sleep before i could post - more coming after ive read up the latest ^^
I think I was born to tank.
Eetion/Fred/ET

March 05, 2012, 05:31:30 pm
Reply #110

Offline Palmar

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 05:31:30 pm »
Seriously hugman, that logic is so bad that now I'm confused. Are you really that dumb, or are you scum?

Because you seem to believe Kesh is actually red, there is no reason not to vote him. the only reason to leave him alive is if you genuinely think he can be nothing but town given this dumb gambit he's decided to pull.

If you find red, you lynch him. Then you carry on.

Don't be terrible, vote for matt.
Trolls are awesome!

March 05, 2012, 05:38:40 pm
Reply #111

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2012, 05:38:40 pm »
Remember there is the oneshot ability for the night phase, don't for example rush and vote for the one who is sure to be red, this one will be sure oneshotted.
Imo try to find another red and vote for him, because the one who is sure to be red will be oneshotted.
`A man with no skills can be taught, a man with no honor has nothing!` -Kung Fu: Caine
`The things we touch have no permanence. My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.` -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Li Mu Bai

March 05, 2012, 05:43:54 pm
Reply #112

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2012, 05:43:54 pm »
I do agree with Hugman @ Palmer. If he is red, he will still be red on day 2. I still firmly believe there is something else going on with Matt. Maybe Im still too new to this game, but I dont believe anybody will be silly enough to go 'Hurrpa Durrr, Im a red, please lynch me'.
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

March 05, 2012, 05:56:15 pm
Reply #113

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:15 pm »
I'm sorta curious to see what happens when we lynch him though...
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

March 05, 2012, 06:00:13 pm
Reply #114

Offline Skymunken

• Guild Member

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:13 pm »
Palmar your reason to lynch TTaM is that he claimed red as the first person to post, without considering underlying courses. I know you have loads of experience with this game, but I just don't see him being that retarded. Thats like throwing the game before it even begins.
[21:03] <Globox> how mad are you on a scale from 1 to Idra Skymunken?

March 05, 2012, 06:05:33 pm
Reply #115

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »
Voted for Grishnag, as he hasn't posted, and is a good a target as any. If he posts some thoughts and data, I will likely change it to someone else.
ofcourse i havent posted today when i dont have access to my pc.. i come on irc during lunch but its on my phone and its not exactly easy post there
as skymunken said i usualy post when i get home (thats 16.30 my time)

As I have stated in my last few posts, I think Kesh is Red, however I also think him stating he is red, therefore getting himself lynched day one, is somehow beneficial to the Reds, either because he is immune to the lynch, forced to by role, or that it is somehow beneficial to the reds. Because of this, I wouldn't vote for him day one, as even if I am wrong, I know he is red day two. I think if we manage to get a non-known red day one, and know about Kesh as a red, it is a much better result than having a lynch go on a un-lynch-able Kesh, and not having a chance of getting a Red lynch day one.
this however i can agree with, i think he is a red but there seems to be something else going on with why he said he was a red
im speculating now but maybe he dies at the end of day 1 regardless but they get an extra kill if kesh gets lynched or something

As for the RNG voting Palmar broight up, i personally isnt a huge fan of it. However it might bring out some misplay from one of the Reds. But how to choose who to "RNG" is kinda where my chain jumps off, since in my book rng would mean to throw a 12sided dice and see who dies.. Which would be ignoring the entire day 1 posting and negating the info gotten from day one to maybe get a good lynch.
you shouldnt be a fan of it because the RNG isnt in the towns favor there isnt going to be a 50/50 split between the town and the ganstahs because 1 misslynch would mean the game ends
besides the fact that its never going to be in the towns favor

I know palmar has more experience (alot more) in this whole maffia game thing than me, but he should know that it allways favors the maffia because the higher number of townies in the game as yoica pointed out in this thread allready
Palmar your reason to lynch TTaM is that he claimed red as the first person to post, without considering underlying courses. I know you have loads of experience with this game, but I just don't see him being that retarded. Thats like throwing the game before it even begins.
seems to me that he wants his fellow mobster to die for some reason
that could also be reading to much in to things though

Anyway i wanted to make an RP post with this game but cwave's lackluster opening post and the fact that we would be hunting orcs in a town populated by humans... or elves seems fucking stupid so no RP from me
please next time make a Battlestar Galactica themed game or a Warhammer 40k game (it could actualy work you know)
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

March 05, 2012, 06:30:38 pm
Reply #116

Offline Hugman

• Officer

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:38 pm »
(Reads the tiny text at the end of Grish's post)

March 05, 2012, 06:35:39 pm
Reply #117

Offline mayx

• Guild Member

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »
I read it too :P
`A man with no skills can be taught, a man with no honor has nothing!` -Kung Fu: Caine
`The things we touch have no permanence. My master would say: there is nothing we can hold onto in this world. Only by letting go can we truly possess what is real.` -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Li Mu Bai

March 05, 2012, 06:37:57 pm
Reply #118

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:57 pm »
I read it too :P
(Reads the tiny text at the end of Grish's post)
has nothing to do with this current game running to be fair
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

March 05, 2012, 06:48:04 pm
Reply #119

Offline Nachmanun

• Guild Member

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:04 pm »
I can't decide of Palmar is being lazy or scummy...

You're usually way more thorough than this.
SK?R DIG, SK?R DIG F?R FAN. SK?R DIG TILLS DU D?R.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:16:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

31 Guests, 0 Users