Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Happy Birthday Iron Edge!

February 28, 2015, 12:27:03 am
Read 38501 times

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« on: February 28, 2015, 12:27:03 am »
IRON EDGE TURNS 10 YEARS OLD!
Happy Birthday!

According to that image, Iron Edge was founded on the 27th of February 2005. Which means that 10 years ago today, IE’s first guild leader Kaos trolled around Orgrimmar looking for people to sign his guild petition.

First Guild Leader: Kaos

Kaos was Iron Edge’s first guild leader and was in charge of the raid for most of vanilla WoW. It’s safe to say that he laid the foundation for what later became the core of Iron Edge’s raid team, as well as a lot of people who hang around IRC today. Kaos also created IE’s website, which was actually ironedge.co.uk at the time (that domain is now being used for a company that sells workout equipment). Here’s a snapshot of what our website used to look like from the wayback machine (Credit to Cwave for digging this up!)

Somewhere in the period that Kaos was in charge, he was an employee of Blizzard Entertainment. He was able to secure alpha spots for TBC for many old guild members at the time. He only told a few people that he worked for Blizzard, as he had to keep it a secret. Unfortunately it didn’t take very long before some guildies found out and started abusing it:

[15:31] <Grishnag> And then smorisha went all like "you can't report me my guild leader works for blizzard" i think it was smorisha at least, it was definitely a serb

Kaos was forced to leave the guild after that. Some of the members tracked him down a few years later only to find out that he was now in a guild with other Blizzard employees. However, a long time before Kaos actually left, IE had already gotten a new raid leader..

Second Guild Leader: Delling.

Iron Edge under the leadership of Delling was the golden age of IE’s long PvE history. The Iron Edge A-raid was a force to be reckoned with, not just on a server-level, but worldwide as well. Throughout the later instances of Vanilla WoW, TBC and WotLK, the raid group was able to get a large number of Realm First’s. Unfortunately none of them made it through after the implementation of Guild Achievements and the later guild-migration to Kazzak.

I’ve had the privilege of raiding a few times under Delling with the A-raid during Ulduar and it was truly some of the most awe inspiring raiding I’ve done, and it has certainly had an impact on how I do things in raids even today.

Another development in IE’s long PvE history was the inception of the B-raid under the glorious leadership of Hugman. I’m sure even Hugman at that time did not know what level of disgusting casual raiding he had started, but what he started back then is now the Iron Edge Casual Raid.

Third Guild Leader: Gaeios
Delling was Iron Edge’s guild leader for the longest time in its history so far, but Gaeios is catching up. After Delling had a long period of inactivity, he finally handed Gaeios the reigns to the guild.

Gaeios is (as far as I know) the only person to have signed the original IE guild petition that is still active in WoW today. Gaeios was never a raid leader, but he had Yoica to fall back on, who did an excellent job leading the B-raid from Cataclysm into Mists of Pandaria. These days he has entrusted that responsibility to me. Gaeios has managed to keep Iron Edge going and doing a great job at it, even while his real life situation has gotten pretty insane. Recently he was finishing up his masters degree, working a job and having a child, all while leading Iron Edge and keeping it the great community that it is today.

I’d like to personally thank all friends who might stumble upon this forum who have been with Iron Edge in these great 10 years, and a special thanks to those who have gone out their way to be a leader in the community throughout these years.

- Yoica, for being an amazing raid leader of the B-raid
- Hugman, for being responsible for the creation of the B-raid and leading it as well
- Daekesh, for leading the A-raid and putting up with the Serbians for as long as you did
- Goza, for being the Queen of Silvermoon (I still don't know why his note says that)
- All of the class and guild officers we’ve had, including those we have today; Aretum, Valkyrie, Mooneclipse, Saffie and of course Narcotics.

I’ve collected some screenshots in no particular order that were sufficiently old enough to perhaps get some nostalgia going, obviously if you have any screenshots to share, please do.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Thanks for a great 10 years and hopefully many more years to come!

Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 28, 2015, 01:06:05 am
Reply #1

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

Re: Happy Birthday Iron Edge!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:06:05 am »
I’ve had the privilege of raiding a few times under Delling with the A-raid during Ulduar and it was truly some of the most awe inspiring raiding I’ve done, and it has certainly had an impact on how I do things in raids even today.
I am so sorry to every one that raids with rash.
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

February 28, 2015, 01:39:53 am
Reply #2

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:39:53 am »
Damn. We old.

Now, in lights of today's dress discussion, are Nefarion's spikes golden.. or blue?

Edit: I have more posts than you Grish?! wtf
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:41:50 am by Vorte »
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

February 28, 2015, 03:45:28 am
Reply #3

safire

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 03:45:28 am »
God.. My name is Safire! Do you ever get it right? ;D

I decided to look through my old laptop I used to raid on and I did indeed find some olds screenies!

This is after the B-raids causal 10 man killed spine on HC first time. I think Yoica thought Cojche is very shit at dispelling ;)

Here said 10 man is showing of our new mounts from doing [Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider]

Anarawen -> Me -> Lethys, leveling alts together while casually posing next to some glowing stones in a random cave, lol.

For a last picture I'll give ya'll (as Yoica would say :D) a screenie of one of our famous late night skype calls. Here Bendie is wearing a wig for some unknown reason while everyone else is just acting as if this is nothing unusual.
On the picture is Moon -> Anarawen -> Bendie -> Valk -> Rash.. And me :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:51:48 am by Safire »

February 28, 2015, 03:50:54 am
Reply #4

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:50:54 am »
Funny story - When I joined IE ten years ago, I was in uni. I am still in Iron Edge, also still in Uni. Dat golden age tho.  btw I don't *think* it was Smor that spilled the beans. Unless he was drunk or something, but even then. He was pretty level headed.

Anyway, here's to 10 more years! I wonder where they will take us all?

February 28, 2015, 03:52:36 am
Reply #5

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 03:52:36 am »
I remember that leveling :D And I do believe I joined that late night call later after I came back from drinking all night :P
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

February 28, 2015, 04:48:02 am
Reply #6

Offline Cojche

• Guild Member

• ALPHA AS FUCK

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 04:48:02 am »
Hahahah for a second i thought, damn did i rly do so poorly. Then i remembered we had you as dedicated dispeller for that fight. :)
Do you have a screenie of a Deathwing hc kill?
High functioning sociopath.

February 28, 2015, 06:26:49 am
Reply #7

safire

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 06:26:49 am »
Hahahah for a second i thought, damn did i rly do so poorly. Then i remembered we had you as dedicated dispeller for that fight. :)

That's true :P I was just poking fun at you :D

But no, I don't, for some reason :(

February 28, 2015, 02:21:47 pm
Reply #8

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 02:21:47 pm »
Well good work on keeping this gaming team together for that long, credit where credit is due and all!
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

February 28, 2015, 03:00:34 pm
Reply #9

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »
crap, i can only find those :(

February 28, 2015, 03:47:47 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 03:47:47 pm »

I celebrated the birth day skiing in Sweden with my family.

And I didnt actually sign the guild charter.I joined in June 2005.

We also need to thank Mr. Kebab for being an active guild CEO, raid leader, PvP thingie etc. We wouldn't be doing a whole lot if you hadn't stepped up :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:57:49 pm by Gaeios(Graxlos) »

Bears like alts!

February 28, 2015, 04:41:46 pm
Reply #11

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »

That's true :P I was just poking fun at you :D

But no, I don't, for some reason :(

I think i have it somewhere!

IE has brought me many great experiences both in and out of the guild, I wish i could be as involved in it as i used to be! Either way, Happy birthday IE and congratulations to anyone being a part of keeping it going so long!

Love and kisses
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

February 28, 2015, 07:35:26 pm
Reply #12

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 07:35:26 pm »
I was in IE for like a month in Vanilla, hated your guts while raiding with In Flames in TBC and had the by far best time of my gaming "career" with the b-raid in Cataclysm. This makes me feel old and makes me miss old times and late nights.

February 28, 2015, 08:08:13 pm
Reply #13

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 08:08:13 pm »
Happy birthday Iron Edge :D

by far the best guild I have been in :) and no wonder that the guild has lasted this long

February 28, 2015, 08:37:30 pm
Reply #14

safire

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 08:37:30 pm »
Lets not forget that Skinkie is the founder of the word "yoke" in our community :D

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 11:51:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 0 Users