Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Cypria

December 28, 2018, 12:40:36 am
Read 2396 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Cypria
« on: December 28, 2018, 12:40:36 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Cypria
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Cypria/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hi Iron Edge,

This is the second of two applications, the first being Celtziur’s.

My name is Hidde Jelsma, 26 years old, and residing in the Netherlands (Haarlem). I’m employed at the Dutch Tax Administration as Data Scientist. Whenever I have some spare time I like to go out running, binch Netflix or play WoW.

Class/Spec:

I’ve played balance ever since I started playing WoW. I’ve played multiple classes as alts over the years but never thought of switching. The moonkin form keeps pulling me back.

As druid I have played all specs, but prefer restoration most as offspec. The is around 379 right now for both restoration and balance.

I used to do a lot of theorycrafting myself but nowadays I just keep up with the druid/dreamgrove discord.

As for gear/stat/talent choices: I use simulations for my gear- and talentchoices (these days by leeching my friends premium account on raidbots). Generally though if pieces are pretty much equal according to my simulations I prefer to play with more haste if possible.

Alts:

Currently none at 120.

Professions:

Currently I’m running mining/herbalism as I started with a fresh character on Kazzak and needed an easy and quick way to get some gold.

Raiding Experience:

I started playing right around TotC came out in WotLK. A few friends of mine got me into WoW and I joined their semi-hardcore guild. In Cataclysm, MoP and at the start of WoD I got into hardcore raiding with several guilds. Some noteworthy achievements from back then are:

-   World 40 Grand Empress Shek’zeer
-   World 38 Sha of Fear
-   World 23 Lei Shen
-   World 36 Ra-Den
-   World 28 Garrosh

Previous Guilds:

For a more complete history:
I joined Steel Alliance on Twisting Nether alliance when I first started playing WoW right around TotC, as some of my irl friends were raiding with them. SA was not a super hardcore guild and I cleared mainly normals in TotC and later on ICC25 man. Took a break as my own final exams were coming and due to that also most of my friends decided to quit the game.

About 2 months later I started playing again but with a new guild called Minority. They had just switched from 25 man to 10 man in ICC and were still progressing on LK 10 heroic. Over time Twisting Nether alliance's population was diminishing more and more and we decided to move to Outland under the name Sigil right around the start of Firelands. This guild disbanded due to Ragnaros 10 heroic progress causing people to skip raids.

After Sigil's disband I joined Nightwatchers, killed heroic Ragnaros 25 man with them, and proceeded to clear content up until Durumu in Throne of Thunder. Reason for leaving Nightwatchers is the disband of NW after the merge with another guild, Clarity, had failed.

After Nightwatchers disbanded I joined Security. I’ve only raided with them for a short time. I left after progress on Ra-Den was over because I did not like my stay there (mainly because there was no room for discussion with anyone).

I left Security for Ad Infinitum. I raided with them up untill Highmaul. At this point I started working fulltime and simply could not commit to keeping multiple alts up and raid 4-5 times per week anymore.

I recently started playing again. Right now I’m mainly doing some mythic+ dungeon and some raid pugs.

Availability:

Generally I’m available most evenings. Sundays should not be problem and under normal circumstances I’ll be able to maintain a near 100% attendance.

Communication:

I like to think I’m proficient in English. I have a microphone and, while I do not talk much, I will when needed.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is of a bit older generation but it still pulls off 50-60 fps in 20 man raids. My connection is fine with a ping of about 9ms to Kazzak.

Addons/UI:

Due to the X-mas holidays I’m not writing this from home, so I do not have acces to a recent screenshot of my ui. I have found an older screenshot so I’ll post that for now as my ui has not changed much since then:

http://i.imgur.com/J4zlKZt.jpg

It’s a pretty basic UI using the standard blizzard ui combined with
-   Grid
-   Bigwigs + DBM as I found some timers aremore accurate in BW while others are more accurate in DBM
-   Tidyplates
-   GTFO
-   Quartz (spelltimers + castbar)
-   WeakAuras 2

My binds are pretty basic as well. The most used spells are bound to `(the button next to 1) through 7, cooldowns bound to f1 through f5, and using shift modifiers for less used spells.

Other Games:

Right now WoW is the only online game I'm playing.

Why Iron Edge?

As stated above I recently returned to WoW for BfA. I’ve been doing some mythic+ dungeons and pugs but miss raiding with a team focused on progression.  I however do not have the time to put in the hours needed to raid 4-5 times a week. You seem like a team of like-minded people and I think I would enjoy raiding with you.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I have a very competative mindset, always trying to get the most out of my class being it on dps, hps, damage taken or just general avoidance. I'll always come prepared for raids and will have a high attendance, while giving a notice at least a week upfront should I not be able to attend a raid. Furthermore I'm a (at least I like to think so) friendly and level-headed guy trying to help out as much as I can. I can take criticism (though I prefer the constructive kind). I know my class and if I fuck up I’ll be the first to admit it.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My friend and I were looking for a 1-day raiding guild and he found you on the WoW-forums

Last Words?

If anything is unclear or if anything is missing don't hesitate to ask, I'll check in here every now and then.

Further I'd like to say thanks for reading my application and (in advance) a happy new year to all.

December 28, 2018, 12:58:13 pm
Reply #1

Offline Ironsoul

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Cypria
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:58:13 pm »
good luck!

December 28, 2018, 01:02:57 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Cypria
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 01:02:57 pm »
Hello!

Pretty impressive applications. Looking forward to raiding with you guys.

Poke any officer for an invite.
Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 0 Users