Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Krypton

December 17, 2020, 12:26:32 pm
Read 2372 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Krypton
« on: December 17, 2020, 12:26:32 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Krypton
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Kazzak/Krypton
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: Raider

Personal Info:

I am Abdullah, I am an Egyptian living in Kuwait and I plan to move to Canada in 3 years time. I am a 25 years old stock trader. My dream is to make it big someday without being affected by the luxuries of life and being taken over by my desires. I live a simple life of trading, working out and recently just playing World of Warcraft after a five year break. I delved in my studies the past few years and now I plan on raiding till this game ends basically.

Class/Spec:

I play frost mage because of the utility and cleave it provides and even though it has been so undertuned its fun to play. I also play fire and arcane to. I don't mind any spec to be frank. The reason I played frost because at the start of the expansion before all the hotfixes it was supposed to be really good overall when it comes to single target and aoe and they were fairly close to each other damage wise but in the past few weeks when more logs came out fire rose above all that and arcane was in between and after I gave it a try in a raid and mythics I plan to change to fire to play the best spec there is as a mage currently. I have the gear, class knowledge and raid tactics down incase of any changes and so transitioning isnt an issue at all. Fire to me provies good burst, utility and consistent damage so i'll stick with it untill new changes come about.

The frost mage rotation revolves around maximising the impact of your two procs, Brain Freeze and Fingers of Frost, while maximizing the number of these procs through casting Frostbolt and Frozen Orb.

Brain Freeze causes your next Flurry to be instant cast and apply Winter's Chill to the target - causing your next 2 spells to deal damage as if the target were frozen. Each Flurry bolt refreshes the duration and stacks of Winter's Chill. Note: should a Frostbolt or Ebonbolt give you a Brain Freeze when you already have one, there is a small grace window that allows you to spend the old Brain Freeze and still gain the new one. In additional we should always try to cast Frostbolt before Flurry, as due to the travel time on Flurry it will hit first allowing the Frostbolt to benefit from Winter's Chill.

Fingers of Frost causes your next Ice Lance to deal damage as if the target were frozen.

Because a target is either frozen or not frozen, there is no additional benefit to casting a Fingers of Frost Ice Lance into a Winter's Chill. This situation should be avoided if possible. This means that should you find yourself with both Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze, you want to get rid of your Fingers of Frost procs before casting Frostbolt -> Flurry. However sometimes you will find a Frostbolt gives you both procs, or a Frozen Orb gives you Fingers of Frost while you already have Brain Freeze. In the event that you are casting a Frostbolt with both Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze, you should cast Flurry at the end and simply waste the Fingers of Frost proc. This is because Brain Freeze provides significantly more damage than Fingers of Frost, and you don’t want to risk gaining another Brain Freeze and wasting one of them.

Priority

1. Cast Icy Veins
2. Cast Rune of Power (if you don’t already have one from Icy Veins)
3. Cast Flurry with Brain Freeze if the last spell you cast was Frostbolt or Ebonbolt, or you are moving.
4. Cast Frozen Orb
5. Cast Glacial Spike if the target is affected by Winter's Chill
6. Cast Ice Lance with Fingers of Frost or if the target is affected by Winter's Chill
7. Cast your other talented abilities such as Comet Storm, Ice Nova and Ebonbolt
8. Cast Frostbolt

AOE Rotation

Because a large amount of your damage comes from Ice Lance even on multiple targets, your rotation does not change a huge amount on AOE. However there are still a few small changes:
Begin casting Blizzard at 2 targets.
At 5 targets Frozen Orb becomes your #1 priority, with Blizzard #2; and you should no longer spend time shattering Frostbolt.

Covenant Abilities

During Mirrors of Torment do not shatter Frostbolt before your Flurry. You don't have time. Whenever you get a Brain Freeze simply cast Flurry Ice Lance Ice Lance.

Opener

Frost has no special requirements in the opener. Generally you just want to get your spells on cooldown as fast as possible and it tends not to matter in which order. Just ensure that Icy Veins, Frozen Orb, and your covenant ability are your first 3 casts.
Pre-cast Frostbolt
Icy Veins
Frozen Orb
Enter the priority explained above.

Stats

Critical Strike increases the critical strike rate of our abilities and therefore the effectiveness of Shatter.
Haste reduces the cast time of our spells, our global cooldown, and the cooldown and duration of Blizzard.
Versatility provides a flat damage increase and damage taken reduction.
Mastery: Icicles cause our Frostbolt to store an icicle. We can store up to 5 icicles at once and they are consumed to deal damage when we cast Ice Lance or Glacial Spike. Gaining an icicle at 5 stacks automatically causes the oldest icicle to deal its damage
Frost stats weights are a little closer than some other specs, and due to the large Intellect stat budget on items, item level will usually be an upgrade. Stat weights vary depending on your current gear and talents. To produce an accurate stat priority or to accurately compare items you must sim yourself.

Generally prioritise stats like so:
1. Intellect
2. Critical Strike / Haste
3. Mastery / Versatility

Alts:

No alts

Professions:

Jewel crafting and tailoring

Raiding Experience:

Arcane Mage in Cataclysm
Dragon Soul 8/8 N/HC
Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14 HC

Previous Guilds:

I came back from MOP in the last three months at the end of BFA and I've been guild hopping searching for guilds with a proper sense of community away from all the toxicity and at the same time a guild with a solid system aiming for progression. As it usually is in wow people look for guilds until they find the community they are most comfortable in. So as to why I left, the guilds I have been in already set things up and there were no spots so I did not want to waste time and just stay as a social. I dont mind being a substitute as long as I get to finish the content before the next tier.

Availability:

Time is never an issue. I will accustom myself to the raid due to my life style. If anything comes up I'll give a heads up days in advance. As to what I prefer, I do prefer raiding late night.

Communication:

Yes I am very proficient and communication is not an issue at all.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is great and no I dont have any ping, crashing, lag issues etc.

Addons/UI:

DBM
WA
GTFO
Bagnon
Bagbrother
Gladius
Exorsus/Infinte Raid tools
OmniCC
RaiderIO
Pawn
Bartender

ui
https://imgur.com/aZkx7ko

Other Games:

None

Why Iron Edge?

I used to raid with Iron Edge on the main team back in 2014 and we were progressing on Garrosh until we downed it on HC. I miss the community the guild had and so I felt why not reapply and see how things go

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Professionalism, skill, open mindedness, acceptance, the patience and ability to learn and to handle constructive criticism. No toxicity what so ever and always trying to surpass my limit when it comes to my class.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I dont remember but probably trade chat or wow progress back in 2014

Last Words?

I really wish I could raid in this guild again.

December 17, 2020, 12:48:38 pm
Reply #1

Offline Abdullah

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Krypton
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 12:48:38 pm »
I also did Garrosh, Siege Crafter and the Klaxxi Mythic with you guys.

December 17, 2020, 01:19:00 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 01:19:00 pm »
Hi Krypton,

Welcome back to WoW! Unfortunately we're not particularly looking for any new mages at this time.

Good luck on your search!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

December 17, 2020, 07:05:42 pm
Reply #3

Offline Abdullah

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 07:05:42 pm »
Is there a spot in the weekend raiding team?

December 17, 2020, 07:06:51 pm
Reply #4

Offline Abdullah

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 07:06:51 pm »
Im up for trials, anything
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 07:08:23 pm by Abdullah »

December 17, 2020, 07:07:48 pm
Reply #5

Offline Abdullah

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 07:07:48 pm »
if yes do i need to reapply to the weekend team?

December 17, 2020, 07:11:15 pm
Reply #6

Offline Abdullah

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 07:11:15 pm »
i am willing to do anything even being a sub or on non raid day. are there no chances at all?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:09:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

73 Guests, 4 Users
Varum, Deodu, Wali, Liquidroom