Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Warlock (DPS) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/Decayus (XR)

January 10, 2022, 01:55:30 am
Read 2799 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/Decayus
Server: Draenor
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/Draenor/https%3A%2F%2Fworldofwarcraft.com%2Fen-gb%2Fcharacter%2Feu%2Fdraenor%2FDecayus
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: Social

Personal Info:

Hi again Iron Edge!

This is Decayus. A few of you might remember me from WotLK days where I raided with the main raid from Naxx to Icecrown.

My real name is Eyðstein I turned 34 three days ago and I'm from the Faroe Islands as I believe a couple of your members are? Super and Grimur maybe? Both lil' brats that I had in my Faroese guild way back, such cuties.

I work as an IT Manager at a school here in the Faroe Islands and other than that I'm just as much of a degen as I was back in the WotLK days. A whole fuckton of shit has happened since then, some of which I can legally share, some of which you'll prolly hear if I'm ever drunk and on Discord with you guys.

Class/Spec:

I'm still playing the very first character I ever made, my precious warlock. I saw the opening cinematic and thought Infernals looked cool af and never looked back. I'm a little bit of an edgelord, so it kinda fits.

But on a more serious note I tend to not play any alts until I feel I've fully mastered my main and I've only ever reached that point when I've played a sickening amount per day for months.

Alts:

I've got a druid and a death knight at 60. I don't play either of them very much, but as I alluded to above I might play them once I feel I can't get much more out of my warlock.

I did play druid as a healer for the little bit that I played the Warlords of Draenor expansion. Cleared Highmaul? and got Gold in the challenge mode dungeons or whatever which was great fun.

You might recognize some of the guys I did the challenges with: https://youtu.be/DTRjSIiuJOg

Professions:

Tailoring and Enchanting and I got a bunch of cool vanilla recipes for both, but nothing useful I guess!

I prolly have some rare ones, but nothing I can think of besides Thistle Tea, Wailing Caverns fish and that epic one from vanilla, Chimaerok Chops?

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Oof... A lot, I started raiding in Zul'Gurub and have been a DPS gigaslut since then.

The highest level I raided at was with you guys in Ulduar probably when we were around top 200 in EU I  believe? Got server first Algalon and some other cool stuff with you guys.

As for PvP my highest level was also WotLK days in 2s where I was #1 warlock on the server for a good while with Manduril a pala name you might know, and played a bunch of comps at 2200+ rating.

Never really felt that comfortable with arena pvp, not even at my peak. More of a BG and PvE kinda guy.

Previous Guilds:

Lazy Peons, In Virtue, In Flames, Deth Kult Social Klub (DKSC), So What, Viðingar, Immense...

Mostly Faroese guilds excep In Flames and So What, and I think In Flames disbanded or whatever, and So What I left to join you guys. Also left IE to join or make my own Faroese (national) guild.

Availability:

Generally after work hours. I'm a degen and have been playing a lot lately and I'm going to play 9.2 fully at the very least, then take it from there.

Since I work at a school I get the same holidays as school kids, which means a long summer and winter holiday etc. So I have time to play! No girlfriend or other silly obligations currently either!

Communication:

I read, write and speak fluently, have Discord and a mic. Communication is not going to be a problem. If anything you're gonna wanna tell me to STFU.

Computer / Connection:

I got a real beast of a PC recently, which is also the reason I started playing again. Internet connection is not the best, but I generally don't have issues besides having 30ms higher than all of the rest of the world probably.

Addons/UI:

I don't have any raiding specific addons but I use ElvUI to modify most of my UI. I use WeakAuras to keep track of main dps cooldowns and details of course to track damage/healing. Also KuiNameplates to modify standard ones for better tracking of buffs/debuffs/cooldowns on nameplates.

https://imgur.com/nWQQL7t

https://imgur.com/hBaVycr

I don't have a raid screenshot right now, sorry!

Other Games:

I play Overwatch a bit, and pretty decent at it! Other than that I don't play anything actively or at a high level.

Why Iron Edge?

I know a few of you and I had a good time when I was in it back in the day and trust that the guild has good players, leadership and organization which appeals to me regardless.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A chill dude with some skill, open to raiding, PvPing and just chilling and having a good time.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Back in vanilla on Dunemaul when IE were trying to catch up to AFGM.

Last Words?

Buy Bitcoin.

https://www.instagram.com/mollybollin/?hl=en

I haven't migrated to Kazzak yet, but am going to do it asap I get accepted!

January 10, 2022, 01:56:23 am
Reply #1

Offline grimur

• Guild Member

pog

quite possibly the 4th greatest warlock ever from the Faroe Islands.

also a great guy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:01:10 am by grimur »

January 10, 2022, 02:04:14 am
Reply #2

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

quite possibly the 4th greatest warlock ever from the Faroe Islands.

also a great guy

Aww, I'll take both of those <3

We seem to to spawn some edgelords here in the middle of buttfuck nowhere!
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

January 10, 2022, 02:44:40 am
Reply #3

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

Welp, I migrated but since Decayus was taken I am now...

"Decomposius" on Kazzak
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."

January 10, 2022, 11:24:12 am
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

If this Decayus?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

January 10, 2022, 11:31:08 am
Reply #5

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

If this Decayus?
[youtube]

Haha, good times  :D

We should remake that with Demon Bolts instead of Chaos Bolts this time!

I now realize I wasn't logged on when I posted the application and so posted as guest and can't correct the typos n stuff  :'(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 06:03:24 pm by Decay »

January 11, 2022, 01:11:16 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 11, 2022, 01:24:15 pm
Reply #7

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

Thanks! Does that mean I got accepted?  :-*

January 11, 2022, 01:25:13 pm
Reply #8

Offline Skinkelinke

• Guild Member

You and I played together in "In Flames" in Cataclysm. but In Flames didn't disband it migrated to Alakir and then disbanded, several players went to Apex.

January 11, 2022, 03:11:24 pm
Reply #9

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Thanks! Does that mean I got accepted?  :-*
pretty much! poke an officer for an invite!
Ba dun tss!

January 11, 2022, 04:02:48 pm
Reply #10

Offline Decay

• Guild Member

You and I played together in "In Flames" in Cataclysm. but In Flames didn't disband it migrated to Alakir and then disbanded, several players went to Apex.

I remember yeah! TBC*!  :P

Here's another old time vid from what remained of In Flames on Dunemaul after the Al'akir migration (iirc) https://youtu.be/3xqN4hU1GC4

pretty much! poke an officer for an invite!
. Yay, will do today!  :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:52:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

88 Guests, 2 Users
Aleynnah, Shimmar