Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Ducc (XR)

April 25, 2022, 08:52:54 pm
Read 1746 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Ducc
Server: tarren-mill
Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/tarren-mill/Ducc
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hi I'm Dave, a 30 year old software developer living in England, UK.
I'm engaged, have a dog, and have a home - a very different set of circumstances to when I began playing WoW during TBC pre-patch.

This application might be a bit different. I'm not applying to begin raiding now; I would love to possibly join as social, with a view to being a core part of the weekend raiding team in 10.0.

For context: I've played WoW my whole adult life. It's my favourite game, and some of my fondest memories have been forged on it defeating raid bosses. I don't currently have a raiding character and instead play casually on 'Ducc' listed below, among other characters. I recently enjoyed defeating the mage tower on Ducc.

Having seen WoW 10.0 release news, I will be playing the next expansion and want to raid. Being sadly grown up now with responsibilities, I will commit to raiding weekends only.

Though I've listed my druid below, I'm by no means fixed to this character. I'll level a new character to fit what ever's needed. However, I LOVE to play support and help the team, so what ever the new character is will have support as a core theme.

Class/Spec:

I'm able to pick up new roles quickly and have extensive experience playing:
Healer: holy/dist priest, resto druid
DPS: rogue (all specs), hunter (the old survival) and BM, warlock (all specs)
Tank: bear

I have all classes at max level.

Professions:

I suppose not too relevant given the nature of this application. What I will say (and sorry to ramble) is I'm excited for the professions updates promised in 10.0.

Historically I've always chosen professions that fit the class/race thematically. Nothing better than thrashing AoE pulls down on Ducc and skinning them all.

Having said that, if a profession is a clear winner in terms of dps, it gets taken. An example would be thorium bomb usage in TBC.

Oh and I have the artifact fishing rod on my paladin :)

Raiding Experience:

I have exp in some form across all expansions and raiding tiers.

Cata / MoP: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/alakir/steady/pve/raids
WotLK: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/alakir/rupture/pve/raids

Previous Guilds:

Echo of Ages
Aftermath

^ this was many moons ago. Both disbanded due to roster inactivity and difficulty in recruitment. A result of some of the poor expansions many believe WoW has gone through and drop in overall player numbers.

Availability:

I work a flexible 9-5:30pm day job.

Communication:

Yes to all. Where possible I prefer to interact via microphone myself, but understand when the line must be kept clear for raid comms.

Computer / Connection:

100MB ethernet

i9, 3080 PC for play
MacBook for work

Addons/UI:

Weak Auras, BigWigs, Recount, GTFO, TidyPlates. Excited to see the potential of new UI updates WoW 10.0 brings.

Other Games:

I've grown up playing all sorts, specifically/mostly Blizzard games. I also love an arcade dance mat!

IRL games I play are ultramarathon running and BJJ.

Why Iron Edge?

Cultural fit and raid times. My impression is that the team is composed of players similar to me! Hoping to make progress while having fun, and playing on weekends.

Worth reiterating I'm excited for WoW 10.0 and looking for a home who'll have me. Iron Edge is the only one such home I've applied to as it looks like a great fit.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

IRL I'm a tech lead; I make sure my team mates are performing to the best of their abilities and above all are happy. I understand what it takes to forge and maintain team relationships. I can bring this experience to a guild environment - supporting a disciplined but 'chummy' environment.

I'm reliable. Given my age and IRL situation, you can count on me.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Guildsofwow

Last Words?

Please add Dave#2512 to have a less formal chat if appropriate!

I sincerely hope I'll be considered to join the roster. I've also left my email address at the top of the application of course, so please do contact me there or at my btag.

Thank you for reading.

April 26, 2022, 09:30:10 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rasgaas

• Officer

• Week-end raid Officer

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Ducc (XR)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 09:30:10 pm »
Hello, that's a nice app^^ I would like to offer you a trial as a social first since you only want to raid with the 10.0. That being said if you want to gear up and join us now, you are welcome. Also I see that you are not on Kazzak, so if you want to join us you will have to transfer server/level up a new char. If that's ok with you, pls pm an officer to get an invite : )

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:02:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

77 Guests, 0 Users