Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Paladin Tank application

February 14, 2009, 03:08:30 am
Read 6790 times

Offline Galladrin

• Vendor Trash

Paladin Tank application
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:08:30 am »
IRL
Hi, Andrew 36 from Leicester  :D. I enjoy Heavy metal/Industrial music (NIN, Slipknot, and Iron Maiden) ::)and play Warhammer in my spare time. I enjoy the Final fantasy Games and can't wait for XIII to appear (should be less than a year now) and own a PS3, DS, WII and XBox. I am very serious (not) I enjoy a laugh and the cameradery of an interesting vent chat and the insults thrown for the wipe stars
WOW History
I have been playing WOW from day 1. Started vanilla with a Rogue and soloed most of the content. At the time I worked the afternoon shift and never really found the space to devout to a guild  :( so just prior to TBC I switched to a lock alt. Never ran any of the the big raids in their heyday.
With the arrival of TBC I swore to devote myself to seeing the end game and completely failed  :-[. Got a bit lost with my lock and nearly gave up the game under outside pressures from work. Finally found the time to properly explore the realms in early 2008 when I moved to the night shift. Rolled myself a BE Pally and lvld from 1 to 70 as Holy  ::). Got myself a guild invite to the first one that would have me and started to run the Hcs for pre-raid gear. Honestly can't even remember the name as within 3 weeks it collapsed and I was no further into the raids.
Took my time picking the next guild, found one on Kara progression and respecd Prot to assist with their tank shortage. By the time I was ready for Kara it was probably 3 months before Wrath and almost everyone had switched off their raid head  :(. Ran Kara and tried a few JA pugs but pretty much failed to make End game progress.
Wrath brought an epiphany. Lvld to 80 in 3 weeks, The guild i was with Whole Earth collapsed and the end gamers were swallowed into Night Stalkers and I followed. Worked the Hcs for pre-raid gear and hit Naxx hard. NS have a core group that get raid invites regularly. Sitting on the fringe I got 1 every 3 weeks but I spent the time between raids reading up my class and the boss tactics (Maintankadin, Wowinsider, Wowwiki). I have 14/15 Naxx 10 (Always seem to miss Sapph) and 13/15 Naxx 25 (Grob and Gluth cos I leave for work before the're done) VoA (if u can call it a raid) in both 10 and 25 and Sarth done with 20.
I struggle to run to the raid times as work starts at 2230 UK time and the raids (booked for 1930 Server time) nver seem to get under way before 2015 hence why I am interested in your times.
Character
I run a prot Pally (5/60/6) :-* and can't say enough good words about the prospects of Dual Spec. I run the traditional 969 rotation SoC, AS pull, HS, ShoR, Consecrate, HoR, JoW (or something like that :-[ its all on the toolbar) and carry 1600 dps and more threat than you can throw a stick at.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Galladrin
Reasons for application
I am interested in your casual raid times as the Mrs is complaining about how much time WOW takes me away from her at the moment and I can't afford a divorce :P. Sunday afternoons and Monday evenings would suit perfectly for raiding and allow me to sneak the dailies in while she is out at college  ;D.
Any valid raid gear distribution suits me fine. As a casual player the game/raid is where the fun is at not the beating another player to completing Best In Slot  :D.
Gonna sign off before I write a dissitation, will just say that if u want references have an in game chat with Arexor of Vanity, Senator of Night Stalkers or Falanticus for their honest opinion of me  :-[.
Got to admit that the main attraction is the name Iron Edge emblazoned under mine on screen ;).
P.S. If you want me u can /w in game for an immediate response. I will check here for a response on a regular basis but that is probably the quickest way to get hold of me.
Hoping for a positive response  :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:56:32 am by Galladrin »

February 14, 2009, 04:39:18 am
Reply #1

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
Re: Paladin Tank application
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 04:39:18 am »
Hey! Thanks for the lovely application.

The oldies always write good applications... they put their heart into it, which is great!

IE raids continue until 11pm UK time (although they could end earlier, or they might run a little late -- depends on the raid leader, and the content of the raid). I don't foresee a problem with Naxx, but Ulduar might be pushing your schedule a bit.

We may also change to Mondays + Tuesdays (but then, 1 1/2 raids a week might be OK -- it'll be up to Grilldyret, as it's his raid group).

Good luck!

-D
Now I run a tech website.

February 14, 2009, 08:01:27 am
Reply #2

Offline Galladrin

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:01:27 am »
 ;D thanks for the positive reply and the explanation of why my app might fail  :(. Will understand totally if I don't fit with your requirements but its nice to think that I can get the right impression with my application 8).

February 14, 2009, 10:05:41 am
Reply #3

Offline Shalala

• Former Member

• RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE RAVE

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 10:05:41 am »
:)

From your writing i must say that you seem like fairly nice person.
As dell allready said, raids atm mostly end earlyer then normally, becouse of blizzards current state-of-the-art raiding dungeons that are cleared in the blink of an eye!

I'm pretty sure the raids will take up to 00:00+ (servertime) when then new dungeon - Ulduar is out!

Anyhow i wish you luck in being acccepted in this community in whatever form (casual, raider, friend)!

My vote is positive.

February 14, 2009, 10:07:16 am
Reply #4

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 10:07:16 am »
Has your TPS improoved since I did instances with you? :P

Nice guy this, trial imo.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

February 14, 2009, 11:48:59 am
Reply #5

Eyehole

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 11:48:59 am »
nicely written... gL!

February 14, 2009, 01:09:38 pm
Reply #6

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:09:38 pm »
play Warhammer in my spare time. I enjoy the Final fantasy Games and can't wait for XIII to appear (should be less than a year now) and own a PS3, DS, WII and XBox. I am very serious (not) I enjoy a laugh and the cameradery of an interesting vent chat and the insults thrown for the wipe stars

You get my vote! Give this man a trial please :)

February 14, 2009, 02:24:42 pm
Reply #7

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 02:24:42 pm »
Iron Maiden!  Win.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

February 14, 2009, 03:08:47 pm
Reply #8

Eyehole

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 03:08:47 pm »

February 14, 2009, 03:39:37 pm
Reply #9

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 03:39:37 pm »
I enjoyed reading that, was very nice, alto from my point of view ur experience in the game is a bit lacking :<

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

February 14, 2009, 10:18:56 pm
Reply #10

Offline Zakk

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 10:18:56 pm »
This man is from Leicesta he has my vote already!
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]

February 15, 2009, 01:40:25 am
Reply #11

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 01:40:25 am »
zakk? ON THE FORUMS? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!?!?!?!
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

February 15, 2009, 03:07:59 pm
Reply #12

Offline Galladrin

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:07:59 pm »
Much appreciate all the positives :-[. Can't beat leicesta, LE4 rule as my lad would say ;). Pretty much saved to all the raids till Wednesday but will hold off from them after that in case u wanna trial me  ;D. Cheers Guys

February 15, 2009, 03:43:05 pm
Reply #13

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 03:43:05 pm »
Hey, Galladrin! Thanks for the awesome application :)
Most of your info looks god, a tad lack of raiding experience, but surely we can fix that ;)

However, we're looking at changing the raid times to monday+tuesday evenings, as delling mentioned. How would this go with your work and missus-schedules?

February 15, 2009, 04:22:39 pm
Reply #14

Offline Galladrin

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 04:22:39 pm »
 :( I have work from 2230 Uk time so probably counts me out of anything that requires extended attention :( . To be honest the Mrs isn't too bad about Wow, just doesn't like it that much either Bless her cotton socks  :-*. Looks pretty much like i'll have to bow out  :o cos the Bills are gotta be paid mon :(. Can I pls put on all future apps "Would have got into Iron-Edge but couldn't make the times". Really sad  :( but can't see you wanting a part time raider and is better to be honest now rather than Upsetting people later.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 10:33:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

31 Guests, 0 Users