Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Paladin looking for a home in WotLK

November 06, 2008, 09:59:44 am
Read 5113 times

Offline Yoica

• Officer

Paladin looking for a home in WotLK
« on: November 06, 2008, 09:59:44 am »
Hey everyone,

Personal Information;
My name is Niels and I'm a 28 year old. I'm currently doing a 2nd university degree in economic and I live together with my girlfriend in the Netherlands.

WoW history;

I started my wow addiction on the other side of the pond while I was a student at the University of Calgary. I played open beta for about 2 weeks before it ended and have been hooked ever since. I joined the guild Conquest on Kilrogg US early on and cleared all of the vanilla raid content with them as a human rogue and dwarven priest. Due to the fact I finished university in the summer of '07 and moved back to the Netherlands my TBC raiding experience is less complete having cleared TK, SSC and MH, but only seen 5/9 BT and none of SWP. 

Initially I made a paladin on magtheridon with the intention of getting back to active raiding. However, having raided 6 days per week when there was progress to be made for about 2 years I decided to take it easy after I moved. Together with my girlfriend we bought a house, a real fix-me-up, and spent a lot of time renovating it. Therefore it took me numerous months to finally reach 70. While leveling I pvped a lot with my paladin so that when I hit 70 I was able to buy a full s2 set :P.

Character Information;
I'm currently retribution, but depending on how and when the dual-specc will be implemented I'm thinking about leveling as prot due to the general lack of tanks while leveling. Once I'm 80 I slightly favouring retribution as raiding specc, but I think prot might be very enjoyable as well. So in that sense I'm flexible and willing to adjust to what is needed.

Here is the link to the armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Yoica

I realize my paladin is slightly ;) under geared atm that is why this is WotLK app  :)

Other characters (sold US account)
70 human rogue
70 dwarven priest
70 NE druid

Other character on my current account
a bunch of low lvl alts
70 dwarven hunter on dunemaul Gaijin

Raiding;
Mon: any time after 19:30
Tue: current I have dog training, but that ends dec 9th.
Wed: any time after 19:30
Thur: any time after 19:30
Fri: any time after 19:30
Sat: preferably in the evening
Sun: preferably in the evening

I am fairly flexible and with the exception of dog training I don't have any fixed weekly plans. Even though I can almost always join raids I don't want to get back 6 days a week raiding :'(

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?

I have known about dunemaul for a while now since both my 'brothers-in-law' play on the ally side since the start of WoW and currently in the guild Momentum Mori. That is why my ally character is here. After talking to them, reading dunemaul.org and personal experiences while leveling my hunter. I decided to apply here, because I am looking for a stable, long existing guild that has good progress with 4 raids a week.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I'm an easy going guy with a dry sense of humor and I can take as well as I give :P During raids you can count on me being fully prepared with all the necessary buffs and knowledge of the tactics.

Thanks for taking to read my app,
Niels

November 06, 2008, 10:15:08 am
Reply #1

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

Re: Paladin looking for a home in WotLK
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:15:08 am »

;)

Nice app, gotta wait for Ino/Delling to respond.

Good luck!

November 06, 2008, 11:29:21 am
Reply #2

Auran

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 11:29:21 am »
paladins are op

but :)...

RED-WHITE-BLUE here's to you:

*wave*

November 06, 2008, 12:33:22 pm
Reply #3

Offline Thoramon

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 12:33:22 pm »
Mmm so many 70lvl's I got messy abit ,then Magtheridon , Dunemaul ally side and then horde .Abit strange is why you dont play in Mememntum Mori since u got "brothers-in-low" there with some of your ally chars and willing to move from Magtheridon to Dunemaul .Then you sad you got a char in MM and you woud like to play on Dunemaul horde side , I guess you already know you cant have both ally and horde chars on the same realm ....
Anyway good luck with your application.

November 06, 2008, 02:22:36 pm
Reply #4

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 02:22:36 pm »
Just a couple clarifications/adjustments.

Not quite that many lvl 70's since there are 2 on EU servers  :P
My hunter on dunemaul is guildless and hasn't been touched since hitting 70 mainly because hunters aren't for me. I'd rather stick to melee characters.

I have put considerable thought into wether I wanted to play alliance or horde. In the end I wanted to play horde and since Dunemaul and Magtheridon are the only servers I know anything about I decided to make an app here. Due to the fact Iron Edge is one of the few guilds I know of that raid 4 times a week while maintaining a high progress and has a long history.

And lastly I'm well aware you can't have horde and alliance characters on the same pvp server. I haven't decided yet what I'll do, but either I'll delete my hunter or get a new account.

Adjustment:
My current profession show mining and skinning, but I'm dropping skinning for BS.

November 06, 2008, 03:09:19 pm
Reply #5

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 03:09:19 pm »
Great, a paladin in season 2 arena gear... just what I wanted for some PHAT DPS in Sunwell.

Good application though, and it's a shame your TBC experience doesn't match your Vanilla experience.

When did you kill Kel'thuzad and C'thun? Were you competitive with the other top guilds?
Now I run a tech website.

November 06, 2008, 08:08:18 pm
Reply #6

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:08:18 pm »
Great, a paladin in season 2 arena gear... just what I wanted for some PHAT DPS in Sunwell.

But of course!!! We all know how ridiculously OP ret is atm  :D

Good application though, and it's a shame your TBC experience doesn't match your Vanilla experience.

When did you kill Kel'thuzad and C'thun? Were you competitive with the other top guilds?

I don't really remember when we killed them, but I think Kel was somewhere in October '06 and C'thun early summer probably. I'd like to think we were reasonable competitive with moderate succes.  We'd mostly sit around the 50th spot for the US and 100th in world give or take 10 spots.

November 06, 2008, 08:37:00 pm
Reply #7

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

;)

Nice app, gotta wait for Ino/Delling to respond.

Good luck!
dutch touch? that sounds nasty
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 06, 2008, 09:29:13 pm
Reply #8

Inphy

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 09:29:13 pm »
*reaches out a finger and touches grishnag* hehehehe.

November 06, 2008, 11:23:24 pm
Reply #9

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 11:23:24 pm »
he touched me in a bad place
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

November 06, 2008, 11:59:32 pm
Reply #10

Offline Kendoki

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 11:59:32 pm »
And you liked it
We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this.

November 09, 2008, 06:52:10 pm
Reply #11

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 06:52:10 pm »
It been quiet here for a couple of days and I was wondering if the officers had reached a decision about my app.

November 09, 2008, 07:24:52 pm
Reply #12

Offline Ino

• Guild Member

• ლ(ಠ_ಠლ

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 07:24:52 pm »
It been quiet here for a couple of days and I was wondering if the officers had reached a decision about my app.

Sorry for the late reply! I'm just gonna quote what our raidleader had to say: 'Raid is currently very full, but the first to 80 will have a lot of power.' I'd definetly like a 5th raider, but there will still probably not be raidspot every raidday if we have 5 paladins ready to raid. (You can go on standby then, meaning you still get DKP but you have to be ready to login and raid when we ask you). It's hard to really predict how it will all work out at 80, but as our raidleader said, the ones at 80 will have a lot of power.

If you're ok with not raiding every raidday, you're welcome to join!

November 09, 2008, 08:27:18 pm
Reply #13

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 08:27:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I can live those terms. I'll transfer to dunemaul when I get home tomorrow.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:44:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

27 Guests, 1 User
hemoroidtv