Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Age of Conan

June 17, 2008, 05:50:46 pm
Read 16404 times

Offline Kergash

• Guild Member

• AGGROOOO

Age of Conan
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:50:46 pm »
Yes, the time has arrived to discuss this game. : P

I've played it very little, so I can't say much for it myself, other than I find it alittle fun, though not as fun as WoW really. Tried a conqueror and an assassin so far, as I like the melee system they have made.

What's your opinions? Good/Bad? Why/Why not? etc!

/discuss
What the

June 17, 2008, 06:23:00 pm
Reply #1

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

Re: Age of Conan
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:23:00 pm »
Heretic. Burn him.

June 17, 2008, 08:37:53 pm
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:37:53 pm »
Potential.

I've got a lvl 49 demonologist on Ymir and a lvl 60 herald of xotli on soulstorm and this is my impression so far: They've released a game that's fine if u don't level past 30.  Most of the leveling past 50 is all farming repeatable quests.  The interface is horrible.  The guild stuff (wars, towns, etc) are not implemented properly or at all.  There are quests with ridiculously low drop rates (must be 0.1%) that you have to do if you want to level up resource gathering skills.  There are more bugs than players. The customer support is beyond shit.  The spawning of mobs is absolutely awful. If I could name the worst aspect of the game, it would be the way the world is spawned.  Every mob in the game respawns too slowly.  Quest mobs seem to have extra slow spawn rates.

That said, the game isn't all too bad.  The combat is pretty funky, the graphics are nice and such.  It needs a hell of a lot of work to make it a good game, though.

There is one awesome thing, though.  The chat server for the game is different from the game server and allows 2 logins with the same credentials (with 2 different chars) and this has been reverse engineered by players so you can connect to the game's chat server without logging in to the game server.  Guild I'm in on there has a channel on irc that relays chat in and out of guild chat.  Very awesome.  It does kind of aid gold spammers, though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:43:14 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

June 17, 2008, 08:53:33 pm
Reply #3

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 08:53:33 pm »
to me it just feels like they released the game to soon

mainly what deak said to many bugs

though the combat system is quite good no auto shot/attack and stuff

besides that they do have some rather funky classes like a melee healer (as in he does melee damage and heals not healing the melee) and a melee caster which both are quite cool

but i must say up to lvl 20 ish (i play a bear shaman) bear shamans are realy realy realy squishy and they are supose to be the toughest priest class they arent cause there lack of a good healthpool/ranged attacks like the priestess of mitra and tempest of set have (they have ranged attack cant realy comment on the health pool since i havent played one yet)

but besides that WE GOT TITS
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

June 17, 2008, 10:15:47 pm
Reply #4

Offline Comrade Nox

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:15:47 pm »
omg nudity

June 17, 2008, 11:10:03 pm
Reply #5

Offline Zakk

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 11:10:03 pm »
To be honest with you, it needed another good few months of development.  Visually its beautiful, the combat is really fun and the first 20 levels are really involving, and really good!  After that, the leveling consistently goes down hill, there is a VAST amount of bugs, i don't like the way that the whole game is instanced because it detracts from the PvP aspects of it, that drew me to it in the first place.  It could have been a good game, but at the moment its just broken, and it does make you think, what the fuck was the beta feedback like for them to have left it like that?  Was the beta entirely populated by morons? Or is the dev team just a bit lazy?  It just annoys me that they release a game so clearly broken like that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:43:22 am by Zakk »
url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][/url]

June 18, 2008, 12:07:06 am
Reply #6

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:07:06 am »
To ne honest with you, it needed another good few months of development.  Visually its beautiful, the combat is really fun and the first 20 levels are really involving, and really good!  After that, the leveling consistently goes down hill, there is a VAST amount of bugs, i don't like the way that the whole game is instanced because it detracts from the PvP aspects of it, that drew me to it in the first place.  It could have been a good game, but at the moment its just broken, and it does make you think, what the fuck was the beta feedback like for them to have left it like that?  Was the beta entirely populated by morons? Or is the dev team just a bit lazy?  It just annoys me that they release a game so clearly broken like that.
i agree fully with you especialy on the whole quest part

i LOVED the whole thing all the quest guys talking to you actual spoken words not some scribbled down i was hoping that once you left tortage it would be the same... i was dissappointed to say the least
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox

June 18, 2008, 01:03:09 am
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:03:09 am »
well, voice overs for every single quest in an mmo would be an impossible undertaking, at least for something to be released with it. The fact the camera zooms to over shoulder to look at the quest givers does at least help a little though, was the same in several mmos, and personally I like to see that. Helps you feel your character is actually interacting with someone, rather than just collecting quests as a commodity from a faceless quest dispenser.

June 18, 2008, 01:42:20 pm
Reply #8

Offline Myogoblin

• Guild Member

• LOLEXECUTE!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:20 pm »
looks boring and doesnt interest me at all. Seems the only people that make an effort to play are "the locals" as it incorperates their own history. Seems they added some tits and ass to give it an "adult game" attraction which to me serves the complete opposite.

To summarise goza hit the nail on the head and i quote!

"Heretic. Burn him"

June 19, 2008, 02:19:41 am
Reply #9

Offline Ozymandias

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 02:19:41 am »
Can't even run it on my frankenpc, so I wont be playing it at all, I reckon. (Which is a shame as it was a gift from my brother, but oh well)
Anyway - I like the look, but I'm pretty happy with wow and I already have too little time to spend gaming  :D

June 19, 2008, 03:26:52 am
Reply #10

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 03:26:52 am »
looks boring and doesnt interest me at all. Seems the only people that make an effort to play are "the locals" as it incorperates their own history. Seems they added some tits and ass to give it an "adult game" attraction which to me serves the complete opposite.

To summarise goza hit the nail on the head and i quote!

"Heretic. Burn him"

"I think that thou doust protest too much".

Don't worry, I don't think there's any chance of a mass-exodus from wow :')

Also I don't understand who the locals are meant to be?

June 19, 2008, 04:25:27 am
Reply #11

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 04:25:27 am »
TITS!
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

June 19, 2008, 11:52:33 am
Reply #12

Offline Palmar

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 11:52:33 am »
obviously the locals are Arnold Schwarzenegger.... yes, he does in fact count as several people.
Trolls are awesome!

June 19, 2008, 05:38:56 pm
Reply #13

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 05:38:56 pm »
and norwegian since its a norwegian product... or something

June 19, 2008, 05:43:28 pm
Reply #14

Offline Starbrow

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:28 pm »
I've watched this game being played at Sint's, and my impression so far is a bit mixed. The graphics are somewhat good, however, when trying to be realistic, the developers have entered the "eerie valley" of animations, meaning that when stuff tries to look realistic you start comparing it to real life, and then it fails and just looks a bit.. wrong?

As with all games that have impressive graphics, sure it's nice and stuff, but it only matters for the first half hour of playtime, and then it's only the content that counts. So far Sint hasn't shown me any quests or PvE encounters, and only shortly explained how guild cities and city sieges work. So as far as content goes, I haven't seen any yet.

As far as he's explained though, there's hardly any proper PvE content endgame, supposedly it's just all about the PvP, which sort of puts me off entirely as I'm not a player that enjoys PvP at all.
Feral, a class of its own.

Alamo - REMEMBERS- HEEL BARES DURID! BARE DURIDS IS STORNG FREND!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:09:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

325 Guests, 0 Users