Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf

April 14, 2008, 02:07:04 am
Read 26753 times

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf
« on: April 14, 2008, 02:07:04 am »
Personal Information

Hello Iron Edge, I am Wierd-A-Alstor, I'm an 18 year old male called Emil living in my own apartment (since last week gratz to me!) in denmark. Beside World of Warcraft i enjoy hanging out with my friends, playing football or watching movies.. and ofcause i also like to tease the strings of my beloved dubble cut-away cherryburst Gibson les Paul once in a while.

Character Information

My current trash tanking gear is like this: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=%C3%80lstor
I got some stuff i swarp over for tanking harder hitting or non aggro sensitive content.
Beside that my healing gear look like this: http://www.ctprofiles.net/profiles.ct?a=edit&cid=27738&pid=113285
Paladin tanking is my passion, where being a raid healer is for me more a job that has to be done sometimes (I've healed alot on my priest, so it's nice with some variation)

Raiding

Currently i'm a really busy person (since i just moved into my apartment, as i mentioned before), but this has so far not been noticable on my activity, and i am just as active as before (and no parrents nagging around helps aswell, now it's just the daily rutines which has to be taken care of, won't have any effect on my raiding activity though), my only current problem is Monday and wednesday evenings, as i am participating in a serie of night courses, if it is really urgent, my IRL friend from ally Wailz aka Lukia can take over playing my char on those dates, he has been really active and taking part of leveling and gearing this char, so he knows his way around as a paladin aswell, not to mention his raid experiance from his moonkin with epilogue.

More specific times:

Mondays: after 20:00 if needed earlier Wailz'll probably be able to help out
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: after 20:00 if needed earlier Wailz'll probably be able to help out
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Whenever required
Saturday: Whenever required
Sundays: Whenever required

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I have been playing online games for 9 years now, it all started with my dad opening an inernet café, where i hung around playinging whenever a seat were not taken.. since then it has evolved and i've been through Counter Strike, Medal of Honor, Command andAonquer, Diablo 1 & 2 & 2xp, warcraft, warcraft 2, warcraft 3, warcraft 3 frozen throne, you name it, ending up with the release of World of Warcraft which i've been playing since release 3 years ago.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
I'd like to join Iron Edge because it seems to me that this is the one oppertunity to find a 100% commited guild raiding the highest content in the game, on dunemaul. And ofcause Jaca is imba sexy, but that's another story :)

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
By picking me you will gain a strong brick in your raid puzzle. A bright head with the ablity to learn new boss encounters really fast, an extrodinary game knowledge and understanding, reactions gained through several years of pvping on several different chars. and ofcause a dude full of spirit and humor which can hopefully make the unavoidable hours and hours of wiping less repetitive and dull.

Last words?
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity..

Oh yeah, and about specs, i chose improved judgement of the crusader in the retribution tree so i can, while tanking, buff the whole raids physical and magical dps'ers with 3% crit, and also i chose improved retribution aura to stack up with my 2 part t5 gives me a total of 54 holy damage done to attackers when tehy hit me from the normal 25ish, that multiplied up with improved righteous fury is really worth it when tanking several mobs at once.. i know persuit of justice is also usefull for some encounters (thinking al'ar here) where you need to swarp positions and so on, the speed inc can be handy, i'll spec it if needed.. i put alot fo thoughts into my specs, and if you got any comments i'd love to discuss.

catch me in game or on my MSN Emilahlmann@hotmail.com if you have any questions or if you just feel like saying hello..

I know.. punctation and typoes but it's late and i'm gonna hit the sheets now. sorry in advance and i hope to get some constructive replies here never the less.

Sincerely yours,
Àlstor.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:20:56 am by Alstor »

April 14, 2008, 02:18:17 am
Reply #1

Offline Jasminka

• Former Member

Re: Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 02:18:17 am »
VERY NICE APP!
I WANT THIS GUY IN THE GUILD.
nice guy, he have pretty nice gear too, and we need tankadin!!
hope to see u in the guild m8 :))

gogogo ino!

April 14, 2008, 04:02:09 am
Reply #2

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 04:02:09 am »

You don't feel a small conflict to avoid a much larger one is valid, then?  To put it more succinctly that I ever could, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing."
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 14, 2008, 10:43:39 am
Reply #3

Offline Goza

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 10:43:39 am »
So your character gets regularly played by your friend, too?

April 14, 2008, 10:44:55 am
Reply #4

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 10:44:55 am »
So your character gets regularly played by your friend, too?

Not anymore no. But i guess he could step up if neeeded :) whic grants me a 100% raid activity regardless my nightcourses.

April 14, 2008, 10:51:16 am
Reply #5

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 10:51:16 am »

1. You don't feel a small conflict to avoid a much larger one is valid, then?

2. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing."

1. You don't fight, you talk discuss and mediate, we're democrats not cavemen

2. And who decides who the good and the bad me are? That's not a valid discussion. There is no evil, just different points of veiw.

April 14, 2008, 12:43:21 pm
Reply #6

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:43:21 pm »
Sounds like a guy with the right interests!

I play my wine red gibson les paul studio :)

And my football team smertehelvede united is doing crap :)

Say that you are from copenhagen!

Bears like alts!

April 14, 2008, 12:56:26 pm
Reply #7

Offline Kawe / Dave

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 12:56:26 pm »
Having several people play a character to artificially have higher attendance isn't cool imo.

Only other thing is as a paladin you're probably going to have to be flexible with spec, and I'm making a wild guess but most of the time you're more likely to be holy than other things.

April 14, 2008, 01:00:22 pm
Reply #8

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 01:00:22 pm »
Having several people play a character to artificially have higher attendance isn't cool imo.

Only other thing is as a paladin you're probably going to have to be flexible with spec, and I'm making a wild guess but most of the time you're more likely to be holy than other things.

As i said having my friend playing the acc is only if it's a problem with the monday and wednesday raids, where i will be approximatly home at 20:00,

i also gave CTprofile link og my holy gear, and i don't mind healing, just saying that tanking is my true passion :)

April 14, 2008, 01:04:33 pm
Reply #9

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 01:04:33 pm »
Sounds like a guy with the right interests!

I play my wine red gibson les paul studio :)

And my football team smertehelvede united is doing crap :)

Say that you are from copenhagen!

I'm from Herfølge, football champions 1999/2000, RAWR!

so what do you play on your guitar? i'm personally obsessed with John Mayer and Dave matthews  ???

April 14, 2008, 03:55:03 pm
Reply #10

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 03:55:03 pm »
Heya.

It's a great app!

Unfortunately your gear level isn't really good enough to differentiate you from the other budding paladins we have in the guild.

And of course we will look in-guild before looking for new recruits.

I/Ino need to check the schedule of the paladins in-guild, so there might still be a chance for you to raid with us, but we'll see.

-D
Now I run a tech website.

April 14, 2008, 03:57:06 pm
Reply #11

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 03:57:06 pm »
Alright Delling, i will follow this threat closely fo more info then i guess.

But about my gear, it is really just my neck and my shoulders which sucks, rest is actually prettey decent, and i'm crit and crush capped 14k unbuffed hp :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:12:12 pm by Alstor »

April 14, 2008, 04:43:37 pm
Reply #12

Offline Vdti

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 04:43:37 pm »
The main point is that we're not planing to to (much) BT anymore, and jumping from SSC/TK gear to sunwell is a pretty large jump.

April 14, 2008, 04:49:30 pm
Reply #13

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 04:49:30 pm »
There is a lot more to the maths than just your uncrushability, Alstor :)

I am planning a whole guild/raid...

An undergeared protadin is one of the most gimp things I could do right now, but I will do it if I have no other options.

Other options are still being investigated :)
Now I run a tech website.

April 14, 2008, 04:58:12 pm
Reply #14

Offline Daekesh

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 04:58:12 pm »

1. You don't feel a small conflict to avoid a much larger one is valid, then?

2. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing."

1. You don't fight, you talk discuss and mediate, we're democrats not cavemen

2. And who decides who the good and the bad me are? That's not a valid discussion. There is no evil, just different points of veiw.

You may try to sit on your high horse and claim that fighting never solves anything, but the harsh reality of the world is far from what you think it is.  We may be "civilised" (an assumption that I highly doubt), but not everyone is.  Some people don't listen to mediation, don't want to talk.  There are, sometimes, no alternatives.  To refuse to use that last alternative, when it could prevent a much greater injustice, would be wrong.

Also, I was not suggesting that it's a "good vs evil" struggle, simply using that as a well known example of a saying that says if you don't act for what you believe in, whatever form that may take, then what you believe in doesn't matter and it will be supplanted by something else.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:59:57 pm by TTaM »
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 0 Users