Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Cataclysm Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Guild Wars 2

July 23, 2012, 07:18:35 pm
Reply #135

Offline Yoica

• Officer

Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »
Yeah I know, but those are extra spells that add flavour to the basics. No matter how good some of the sugarcoating is the basics still leave me dissatisfied somewhat. I had expect a lot more. This is the MMO beta where the way a class plays really disappoints me, usually it's the questing and/or gfx that put me off. With GW2 it is the complete a opposite.

July 23, 2012, 07:48:25 pm
Reply #136

safire

« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2012, 07:48:25 pm »
I quite liked it.. Too bad i only got the chance to play it this weekend, and I really didn't get into the classes much.. I mostly got stuck on the making of a char :D I played human (because it was the most fun to make) and asura, thought they were pretty cool. Tried sylvari as well, their story was the most interesting one imo :P
I played Ranger which i thought was the best, as well as elementalist. Seemed the most interesting to me.. Tried Necromancer too, it was ok :P The others like.. Theif didn't really seem interesting to me, never really been a melee type of person, so :P
The questing and stories was good though. I will probably start playing this game at some point when it's out :)

July 23, 2012, 08:51:13 pm
Reply #137

footmunch

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2012, 08:51:13 pm »
the bwe closing event was quiet fun. it wa a hunger games style pvp battle between teams on each server if u missed it

July 23, 2012, 10:32:52 pm
Reply #138

Offline Grishnag

• Officer

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2012, 10:32:52 pm »
Yeah I know, but those are extra spells that add flavour to the basics.
but thats just wrong (im going to engineers as a example because i played them the most) if you didnt have turrets or tool kits you just woundt be an engineer
No matter how good some of the sugarcoating is the basics still leave me dissatisfied somewhat.
the engineer lacks alot of weapon skills if thats what you mean (i dont really know what you mean) they only have pistol/pistol pistol/shield and rifle.
if the engineer didnt have those tool kits and stuff it would be a rather boring with just 3 different weapons to use
or i might have completely misunderstood you and you meant that classes arent like those in WoW with class roles and stuff

did you use the FLAMMENWERFER? i like the FLAMMENWERFER because it WERFS FLAMMEN
the bwe closing event was quiet fun. it wa a hunger games style pvp battle between teams on each server if u missed it

i hate the fact that have missed all the events in betas because i had to work the next day

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:39:23 pm by Grishnag »
"No matter where you go in life, Keep an eye out for Johnny the tackling Alzheimer patient" - Dr. Perry Cox
MAIM! KILL! BURN! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

July 24, 2012, 08:54:39 am
Reply #139

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2012, 08:54:39 am »
Grish, you are defending the one class I actually thought felt smooth in it's play. I had turrets and they are good/fun, but they aren't the main part of how you actively need to play. Just goes to prove my point I guess.

July 24, 2012, 11:54:57 am
Reply #140

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2012, 11:54:57 am »
But what sort of levels did you reach Yoica?

It's each to your own, if you don't like it fair enough. But your reasonining seems rather weak to me.

[/youtube]

July 24, 2012, 12:19:50 pm
Reply #141

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2012, 12:19:50 pm »
Just because my subjective perception of the game aren't agreement  with your subjective perception doesn't make my arguments weak  ;) I have yet to see any 'strong' counter arguments.

I got level 21 on eng/thief and 7-9 on most of the others.

July 24, 2012, 12:28:01 pm
Reply #142

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2012, 12:28:01 pm »
That's REALLY high for a beta weekend. from the sounds of things you rushed past everything, I played pretty much non-stop all weekend and I got to level 16 on one character.

it seems like you focused to much on the mechanics of the game instead of the enviorment, Immersion, the events, the hidden puzzles the vistas.

Hell of a lot of stuff to do in that game, so managing to get 2 characters past level 20 on 1 weekend is ridiculous. Did you do the Vistas? Did you complete every zone? Did you read the quests? Do your personal story? try out all the races? Do the hidden jumping puzzles? Do Shadow Behemoth? Any PVP? Each weapon in PVP has it's own gimmick and is quite a big difference. There's also WvWvW If you didn't try this then I'd really say you are missing out.

July 24, 2012, 12:34:13 pm
Reply #143

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2012, 12:34:13 pm »
I think Yoicas reasoning is fine, the problem is though, that its impossible to evaluate such a game based on the early levels.

Like in SWTOR early reviews were great, although the game didnt have any endgame content.

I wouldnt like to review WoW based on starter edition during cataclysm, you get no idea how the real game is.

All you can get from beta weekends like this is a feeling of the game and my first feelings were not very positive.

Bears like alts!

July 24, 2012, 01:18:54 pm
Reply #144

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2012, 01:18:54 pm »
By the way Yoica, you probs didn't like Thief because they decided to change over half of the thief animations/skills/damage and test it for this BWE. I loved my thief in BWE1/2 but in 3 I felt like wet soggy noodle

July 24, 2012, 01:22:25 pm
Reply #145

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »
Douche, did you even bother to read what initially wrote? :-\

The last beta weekend, my 1st, is over and I have mixed feeling about GW2.

The graphics are pretty nice and I like the way questing/events work. The lore and personal stories are also fairly well done.

<snip> my QQ about unpolished class play <snip>

So your last is complete useless and pointless. I enjoyed everything BUT the combat for most classes which generally feel awkward. So I started to rush to higher level to if it would get better, because I knew I would like the content anyway. The way combat skills work doesn't feel as natural/smooth when compared to other MMO's I've played. The only class where it felt good was the engineer, elementalist and warrior were decent enough, Ranger was mediocre and thief was just plain awful.

And I think I have enough background in MMO's (beta, release and/or trial WoW, Tera, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW1) to get a fairly good (note, not perfect) feel for how the combat works.

Anyway the content is good enough to warrent a leisurely playthrough. Currently the combat is bad enough for me to not play GW2 too seriously.

July 24, 2012, 03:58:39 pm
Reply #146

footmunch

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »
GW is all about pvp and its EPIC!
sooo much fun and balanced.
you can literaly outplay anyone if you play your class right.
this weekend all i did was pvp got to rank 15ish. but then i stoped, since i wana keep some goodness for the release

July 24, 2012, 04:00:13 pm
Reply #147

Offline Vix

• Guild Member

• Quitcount: 2; racking up points yo

« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2012, 04:00:13 pm »
Could you be a bit more specific when you say the pvp is epic? From what I read here, it sounds as the control of the characters are clunky, which generally is what made pvp unattractive in wow's competitors over the years.
Read, comprehend, post.

July 24, 2012, 05:43:03 pm
Reply #148

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2012, 05:43:03 pm »
I completely disagree with the PvP being balanced atm. There is the faceroll warrior and need to execute near perfect thief and everything inbetween.

July 24, 2012, 08:05:56 pm
Reply #149

Offline Douchebag

• Former Member

• Saerin - Dwarf Warlock

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2012, 08:05:56 pm »
Um...If you are reffering to Warrior greatsword, getting killed by that means you are BAD.

Every class has a counter to it, the warrior is immobile and if you can't ntoice you are getting killed by it then you just plain suck. Warriors are good but not as OP as everyone makes them out to be.

As you just not enjoying the combat then I know another reason for that. In this BWE they tuned the combat down (damage, skills etc) for NPCS. Before you had Dodge/Avoid/Roll/Team up for more powerful things, This BWE you could faceroll through it all.

They did this to test feedback and it's not been posisitve so I'm assuming they will change it.

Although they did also say that the content gets harder at higher levels. But I'm not going to Argue to make you stay Yoica, it's a once buy game no sub fees etc. There's no pressure to play it considering it's a casual MMO anyway. It's a sadness that you don't like the combat as I feel much more involed with it then i have in any other MMo that I've played my only gripe is the 1 attack that does 3 combos.

Also a screenshot I found on 4chan that looks cool

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:09:17 pm by Douchebag »

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:00:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

97 Guests, 0 Users