Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf

April 15, 2008, 09:00:43 pm
Reply #45

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

Re: Àlstor 70 Paladin Blood Elf
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 09:00:43 pm »
Tldr, anyone?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

April 15, 2008, 10:19:47 pm
Reply #46

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 10:19:47 pm »
Fatalbone, i think you're wrong (suprice)yeah germany succeed with military stregegy in WW2, but thats about all they succeed in, the rest was a big disaster.. I mena how to you explain that the technology during the middle age froze for 400 years if kingdoms with 1 leader with superior power should be so much more effective? and where has the scientific growth been huge without having a ngative effct on the contries inhabitants? I mean north korea,i'm sure that they're doing some crazy scientific breakthroughs, but how well is itgoing beside that in the contry? same for china.. human rights? welfare?.. no the only places wich lives up to this is the democratic world :)

April 15, 2008, 11:19:36 pm
Reply #47

Offline TTaM

• Guild Member

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:36 pm »
you are confusing democracy with a group decision making.
The difference is?

TTaM if there is a group of people ruling it is called oligarchy
No.  A dictator has to delegate as much as any government does.  The difference between a dictatorship and an oligarchy is that the dictator has the final word in his system.  That's not the case in the oligarchy.  You are confusing leadership with only 1 person being able to and having to make every decision for a whole country.

Well no President does not handle every single thing because it is a democracy and based on seperation of powers unlike dictatorship and in parlimentary democracies president doesn't actually do alot he is a ceremonial leader. in presidental system it has more power but still he doesn't do all the things because power is divided between him(executive) parliment+senate(legislative) judicary and administration.

A dictator has a control over executive legislative judicary and administration at the same time.
Just because somebody has the final say, does not mean he has to be personally involved in everything.
Moo

Itkovian
Daekesh
Caladan
Hetan

April 16, 2008, 01:14:52 pm
Reply #48

Offline Lobby

• Former Member

• Oh snap what the hell?!?

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 01:14:52 pm »
Interresting recruitment post :)

April 16, 2008, 02:02:14 pm
Reply #49

Offline Fatalbone

• Former Member

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 02:02:14 pm »
   Alstor first of all germany example was given in response to your mao example.What that example mean is you can solve complex problems without democracy.Military strategy is a complex problem. Science is a complex problem too. an they did incredibly well if you think about it. They were almost fighting with every superpower except themselves and japan and at the same time they were helping the noob italy. You need group decision making or better tentative approach to any hypothesis by everyone to solve complex problems. you can take group decisions without democracy. For example I can give no political rights to gnomes in my country and rule indefinitely with iron fist but in a decision making process about best place to build a dam I would ask every authority(people who know about the stuff) and give the final decision.

Democracy means rule by people. In democracies people have right to be represented and can be part of decision making in theory by selecting a representative. But their part in decision making is proportional to their numbers. Which means rule by majority. Generally freedom of press&speech and minority rights are included in a definiton of democracy.

There are problems in your history knowledge. There are two main characteristics of middle ages(in europe that is) feudal regime(decenteralized ruled by small land owning aristocrats kings having little to none power) and the Power of religion (all reaching powerful ability to take down leaders (practically by denouncing them) the reson behind slowing of science is church and closed economic system. Church is against any scientific improvement that can endanger its power over the people and because they are wrong in so many things they try to shut the scientist. After finding and pillaging and colonizing the new world euopeans became richer and with the sect wars (don't remember the original word for that event where german princes and such from different sects fight with each other pope gets weak. If you ask me thats where the real science managed to get out. And about the korea.. it is doing very well. But for you giving singapore example would be better. They are scoring low at democracy scales but they are wealthy and they have lower crime and such. I think TTaM would prefer that country and Shapa too because their system is called Meritocracy and only the best is selected like smartest and such for the government.afaik. Well damage done to environmemt by democratic governments is much much higher. 300m pop USA is doing a little more than china.

April 16, 2008, 02:21:06 pm
Reply #50

Offline Fatalbone

• Former Member

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2008, 02:21:06 pm »
and daekesh

I got what do you mean with dictatorship like a democracy only no election one party and no seperation of powers. Like Saddam and baas.

Read by first post with a) and b)where I say no one can rule a country alone.One could say there are different dictatorships like dictator can give all decisions (means final ones after he is informed) and all other people have to obey him. or all other people give him their ideas and he chooses between them or just does the what he wants. they are both called dictatorships. the difference is there are more different ideas in the second one but still dictator does what he wants. It all depends on the reality of the information. Without a working information system country fails even it has a benign dictator.

Hey Delling or Ipal post something. I know you guys know stuffz.

April 16, 2008, 02:37:02 pm
Reply #51

Offline delling

• Guild Member

• Homepage
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 02:37:02 pm »
Quite happy leading my own little dictatorship, thanks :)
Now I run a tech website.

April 16, 2008, 04:14:17 pm
Reply #52

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 04:14:17 pm »
I saw the first walls of text and thought, I'm not touching this with a tenfoot pole.

Dictatorship is theoretically very good if the dictator is a good person that everyone agrees with, but as we all know: power corrupts.

Some form of democracy is what I believe to be the best solution usually, but democracy isnt flawless and there are tons of ways to implement democracy usually involving lots of bureaucracy and a danger(presence) of different levels of corruption.

Stalin was a psycho, Mao was a psycho, Nero was a psycho, Hitler was a psycho, George W Bush is a puppet(cheney,wolfowitz etc are psychos).

I dont even know if I find Saddam a psycho he was just trying to keep his power, but if you get that much power you will turn crazy at some point Im afraid

Bears like alts!

April 18, 2008, 01:04:59 pm
Reply #53

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2008, 01:04:59 pm »
Is there a final replie on it's way here?

Cheers,
Al.

April 18, 2008, 01:39:18 pm
Reply #54

Offline Smorisha

• Guild Member

• MASSIVE AGGRO PULLING!

• Iron Edge brag-page
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2008, 01:39:18 pm »
They forgot about you two pages ago, aparently world politics and other stuff common for mortals are more important, sorry!

March 27, 2020, 02:33:45 pm
Reply #55

Offline Alstor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2020, 02:33:45 pm »
Time to re-open this debate! You should have definitely recruited me, the guild chat would've never been the same   :-*

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:55:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 1 User
Míras