Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -

October 20, 2016, 07:46:49 pm
Reply #285

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

Re: Mafia V - World of Warcraft Legion -
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2016, 07:46:49 pm »
Grilldy -
1. At 1st day vote he gave 3rd and final vote to Kili. If rules were as we thought they are Kili would be dead, among with Shimmar . 2 townies dead (plus the nightkill of tyler). Not bad for mafia.
2. Somewhat strange theories, including that one where hes saying that the case vs Phoenix could be constructed by mafia. When asked what he based that on he replied that he had nothing to base it on (no evidence or indications pointing towards it). Why mention it then?
To me it looked like he was indirectly trying to help Phoenix.

I think hes 3rd and final RED.

I did think Kili was red the first day, loosely based on a theory that, in my opinion, was as good as theories get on day 1. Not sure what else I can do about that than to say I picked the wrong lynch target on a hunch and was punished for it.

As for my theories, I am trying to provoke other players here. A game based purely on vote counts and voting patterns would be dull, but I understand that I stuck my neck out a little too far. I didn't mean to confuse people, I just wanted to stir the hive as I said a few days ago.

I mentioned the possible mafia setup scenario because I was trying to describe possible outcomes of the Phoenix lynch, along with my general strategy to provoke people. Seeing as none of this seems to have worked, not bringing out any new information, it will seem like I played a selfish/dumb townie game when I get to show you that I'm green. Whenever that may be.

October 20, 2016, 07:50:29 pm
Reply #286

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »
The doctor comments from Grax and Archz just keep on nagging at my thoughts. These are the only 2 players that took any kind of (minimal) effect to deflect/change our opinion of phoenix. I've strongly come to believe that one of these 2 is the last mafia.

Looking at the voting Archz vote on Rash is actually the one that saved phoenix from getting lynched.
Phoenix had reached 2 votes before Rash and then Archz' vote made it so that Rash on the top spot. This makes sense, because it was already clear Phoenix or Rash was going to die based on how the momentum was going at the time. For mafia it's more important to keep the godfather than the roleblocker.
Although in Archz defence Rash did vote for him on day 1.

Grax also voted on Archz on day 1 and it would be strange if the 2 mafia voted for the same guy on day 1......

Ugh what a mess, but I just can't get the doctor's comment out of my head...

October 20, 2016, 07:51:36 pm
Reply #287

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2016, 07:51:36 pm »
Sorry, but I haven't gotten into the whole cycle thing. Does the night end at 11pm gmt+1 today?

October 20, 2016, 07:59:35 pm
Reply #288

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2016, 07:59:35 pm »
Yes, it ends in 3hrs

October 20, 2016, 08:05:12 pm
Reply #289

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2016, 08:05:12 pm »
Ok, I hope the doctor lucks out in a pick between the safe greens. The way I see it, keeping me alive tonight is the only chance the remaining mafia has to stand a chance of bandwagoning someone tomorrow, so I'm not too worried about my own life.

October 20, 2016, 08:11:23 pm
Reply #290

Offline Mouseh

• Guild Member

• srs mouse is srs

« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2016, 08:11:23 pm »
About doctor comments, I might have a theory.

After Hugman was killed few people (including myself) asked why doctor didn't try to protect him. Phoenix was the first one to give some answer about it, quoting "Yoica was very vocal about how likely he was going to die that night. Maybe that led the doctor to protect him?" It did sound like he was giving an excuse of why doc didn't protect hugman, which led to some believing he might be the one.

"Leela's experiencing the greatest joy a woman can feel: worshiping some low-life jerk."

Bender, Futurama

October 20, 2016, 08:24:12 pm
Reply #291

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2016, 08:24:12 pm »
Yoica was very vocal about how likely he was going to die that night. Maybe that led the doctor to protect him?

Looking back, he said it was basically 50/50 between him and Hug, so I don't think we should read anything into it.

It was just a comment on Phoenix suddenly seeming to "defend his actions" protection Yoica. Not a very well placed comment, I'd admit. I'm just so used to write and say everything that comes to mind without thinking first.

October 20, 2016, 08:56:58 pm
Reply #292

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »
Sorry, but I haven't gotten into the whole cycle thing. Does the night end at 11pm gmt+1 today?

Correct!

October 20, 2016, 09:08:08 pm
Reply #293

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2016, 09:08:08 pm »

Looking at my spreadsheet, there are two options:

Grilldyret is mafia scum. They tried to get the ball rolling on Hugman instead of them, but no one took the bait. And that's why Phoenixflame didn't cast his vote on Hugman at the end, to not draw too much suspicion on the people who voted for the cop.

Grilldyret is a townie, which means that the mafia had every opportunity to lynch a cop on day two instead of one of their own. This could maybe make sense if the goal was to win everyone's trust. However it makes no sense when Phoenixflame was a sure thing to get lynched the next day and NO attempt was made (other than my silly comment) to save him.

In my opinion: All aboard the grill train, I want me some ribs

October 20, 2016, 09:29:01 pm
Reply #294

Offline Archz

• Guild Member

« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2016, 09:29:01 pm »
Wait I made a huge mistake!

I should have said "fire up the grill"..

Terrible..

October 20, 2016, 09:44:46 pm
Reply #295

Offline Yoica

• Officer

« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2016, 09:44:46 pm »
About doctor comments, I might have a theory.

After Hugman was killed few people (including myself) asked why doctor didn't try to protect him. Phoenix was the first one to give some answer about it, quoting "Yoica was very vocal about how likely he was going to die that night. Maybe that led the doctor to protect him?" It did sound like he was giving an excuse of why doc didn't protect hugman, which led to some believing he might be the one.

Maybe, but it was the only thing that had a chance of saving Phoenix if it had caught on and it was done early enough in the day that it wasn't clear yet how others would vote. It wasn't a last ditch effort to save Phoenix, but more of carrot and hoping others would bite before it was to late.

October 20, 2016, 09:53:15 pm
Reply #296

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2016, 09:53:15 pm »
I must say, I still think Archz made a valid point about Phoenix possibly being the doctor.

I just conceded to that. Obviously we can't both be mafia at this point.

Although I don't really see how I can make Archz mafia based on his voting patterns.

I still think Grilldyret is the best candidate for the job. Yoica is also quite hard to suspect as hard as he went for the godfather as did Mouse.

One thing (quite meta) that we havent considered is how Cwave balanced the game. The gamemaster usually tries to make an even matchup. Considering the two dead mafia could we consider who he would have made the third mafia based on mafia experience.

Nothing in the recent hours has changed my points made earlier. So lets see who dies in 90 minutes.

Bears like alts!

October 20, 2016, 09:59:13 pm
Reply #297

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »
Being one of the less vocal ones, I assume my life might end tonight.

I'm leaning towards Grilly, putting in a lot of effort with number of posts, but not really uncovering anything conclusive.  2nd in line currently being Archz, who has contributed a lot with the voting posts, but that could very well just be safe mafia play.

I find myself agreeing with most of what Yoica is saying, and I suggest you follow his lead should I go 6 feet under.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 20, 2016, 11:04:55 pm
Reply #298

Offline Cwave

• Guild Member

« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2016, 11:04:55 pm »
Gaeios was doing some vote analysis in the loose sand near the cliffs. Something was wrong with these numbers and he needed a clear head to find it. As a druid, he often turned to the gods and spirits for guidance. But Gaeios didn’t start out as a healer in this grand game of life. Cwave and Graxlos met each other in Alterac Valley.
Both had a weird kind of draw towards the towers and ripping up alliance who dared contest it. It gave the sense of purpose and ninja-like attributes while the main zergfest happened on the field below. The pumped-ass pimps of AFGM with their PVE gear or the cannon fodder of Fearsome War Engine….. not for them. No, cornering a paladin and camping his ass for hours, that was where the true honor spawned for them.

A fellow raider joined him.
“We shouldn’t be alone here, it’s the number one cause of death for IE raiders atm. Do you have your pee buddy with you?” Graxlos said.
The raider replied: “No, but I don’t see yours either”.
They decided to be each other’s thunder buddy and the fellow raider looked at Gaieos’ vote analyses and ADHD line drawing.

“Weird hu, still seems we are missing one bad guy in this equation”
“You know druid, I think you might be right!”
“Oh, what am I missing in this equation?”'

“Me”

A big ass skeletal dragon,  swarming in pestilence, ready to devour anyone or anything foolish enough rose up from the place where moments ago, his fellow IE Raider stood.

“We really need to look into our recruitment methods” Gaeios noted to himself.

The Dream has always shown me truth, and it showed me your deaths.

Gaeios was hit with Wave after Wave of Decay. Unable to interrupt all of them, the combination of this and other AOE landing upon him was too much for the old daddy bear. In a pool of Infested Ground, the fearless Gaeios melted away.

Rest easy. Our new Dream will remake your world.

Gaeios the Vanilla Townie has been devoured.

It’s now DAY4. 23:00 GMT+1 21-10-2016. It’s ADE week here so fridayevening switching is bad mkee. Day 4 will end ON SATURDAYMORNING 11:00 GMT+ 1 22-10-2016!!(ill set an extra alarm to not live up to my name) @#!@!!!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:08:09 pm by Cwave »

October 20, 2016, 11:17:53 pm
Reply #299

Offline Grilldyret

• Officer

« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2016, 11:17:53 pm »

Looking at my spreadsheet, there are two options:

Grilldyret is mafia scum. They tried to get the ball rolling on Hugman instead of them, but no one took the bait. And that's why Phoenixflame didn't cast his vote on Hugman at the end, to not draw too much suspicion on the people who voted for the cop.
I did explain my Hugman vote with the fact that I was convinced either Hug or Phoenix were mafia. With Yoica voting Phoenix first, I voted Hugman second to see what the outcome would be. I meant this as a way to gather information, I was just shit out of luck that Hugman was green and Phoenix was red. Why would I have kept my vote on the cop if I was mafia and I knew the jig was up anyway?

Grilldyret is a townie, which means that the mafia had every opportunity to lynch a cop on day two instead of one of their own. This could maybe make sense if the goal was to win everyone's trust. However it makes no sense when Phoenixflame was a sure thing to get lynched the next day and NO attempt was made (other than my silly comment) to save him.

In my opinion: All aboard the grill train, I want me some ribs
The mafia had no opportunity to lynch a cop on day 2, because as I said with the night drawing close on day 2, I would not have changed my vote to save him. If it had come to it, I would have switched my vote to Rash, which I also stated the next day. But I guess that's a void point as it was said in retrospect.

I really hope you are the red player trying to assemble a bandwagon onto me, because you'll be easy for them to hang afterwards. If you are indeed the last mafia, you must be getting desperate (Understandably). "Playing your best card" by moving attention onto the other suspected player, as you saw tendencies of players suspecting you.

If you are green, however, you may well end up costing us the game if your suddenly escalating aggression towards me gains momentum.

I find it curious that, for the first 18 pages of this thread, you never so much as whispered an accusation towards anyone. Then the attention shifts towards you, and you dedicate 4 posts to voicing your suspicions against me over the remaining 3 pages. At that point I fully understand that I was the easiest target to go after, but the sudden change in pace surprised me.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:45:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

58 Guests, 1 User
Bürküt